Swandog46 what?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by m00nbl00d, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

OK. I opened Windows Explorer, and, at C:\ I found this log avenger.txt, which dates from today at 13:16 PM (1:16 PM), and also a folder C:\Avenger.

In that log file there's the following:

I searched the web and found this http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/. This seems to have connections with the Malwarebytes team.

I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free version as on-demand, but, I didn't run it today. I ran it yesterday night. I don't think I've ever seen any log regarding this avenger thing before. Maybe something to do with the fact, yesterday night, I started MBAM in developer mode?

Is it normal?

Thanks

2. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Just to fill you in on what happened. The tool did not clean up properly after itself when we ran it. This tool is used to help with malware cleanup.

It is safe to delete the file and the Avenger folder, hopefully it will not happen again :).

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

So, just to double check, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware makes use of it/it's technology (Avenger tool)?

I was just about to register at malware forum, but I was wondering if some other Wilder user had come across it and had some more info on it.

I got even more suspicious on how it could have entered my system, considering that some malware uses this tool, since it is a legitimate one.

I appreciate your feedback!

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.