svchost.exe crash-> tried already everything...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Swen, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swen

Swen Registered Member

Hi there,

Recently we installed NOD32 (2.70.32) at a customer. On 3 pc's we have a problem with svchost.exe which crashes when the pc shows the 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' screen. The pop-up shows: 'De instructie op Ox77dae37b verwijst naar geheugen op OxOOOOOOOO, De lees- of schrijfbewerl<ing ("read") op het geheugen is rnislukt,
    Klik op OK om het programma te beeindlqen.
    Klik op Annuleren om fouten op te sporen in het programma' (Sorry, this is Dutch. I don't know the exact English error). In the event viewer there's an event with ID 1004 telling the following: Vastgelopen toepassing: svchost.exe, versie: 5.1.2600.2180, vastgelopen module: rpcrt4.dll, versie: 5.1.2600.2180, vastgelopen op: 0x0000e37b. (Sorry, this is also Dutch. ). When I press the 'Ok' button, the pc starts rebooting in 60 seconds.
    When I don't I can work normaly. Svchost.exe does not eat many CPU resources.

I already had 1 pc installed with a clean Windows XP SP2. The error still shows up when NOD32 is installed. After that I installed al Windows Updates without any result. I installed the latest drivers, etc. When I uninstall NOD32 the error is gone and the pc works fine. There is no other anti-virus software installed. The only firewall installed is the Windows firewall. I scanned the pc for spyware without any result. I tried everything from thread "RPC crashes after NOD32 installed. ", also without any result.
    Who can help??

Thanks,
    Swen

2. Swen

Swen Registered Member

Oke, I solved the problem. The RPC Services starts with the Network Service account. I changed it to Local System Account and the problem is solved.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know :thumb:

4. Swen

Swen Registered Member

The problem is back again..... It seems that it didn't work at all.
    Anyone other suggestions??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.