Suspicious file submission doesn't show filename and path

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Hi, I just got a pop-up asking if I want to submit some files but it doesn't show the real filenames and file paths, is this normal? If I cancel it now, will I be able to submit them later when I know which files they are, or will it then not submit them at all?

screen:

Attached Files:

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

I recommend submitting these types of requests from the program. It is helpful to our virus lab. Were these found during a sceduled scan or on demand scan?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2137

Also, were these files quarantined under Tools -> Quarantine within the program?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It looks like the threats were found in an archive. In such case, the whole archive is not submitted to ESET, just the relevant files inside, hence the relative path was shown.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Thank you for your replies. They we're discovered during an on demand scan, but I didn't see the pop-up until later so I didn't thought they we're from the scan. I checked the scan log, they are from an archive in a Java folder in AppData\LocalLow, some of these files were also detected as malware, so they're probably FP's. They are also under Tools - Quarantine. Anyway, I submitted the suspicious files to Eset. If you also need the ones detected as malware or something else, let me know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.