Suspected Incomplete Unistall Of NOD32 v2.7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Al Frank, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Frank

Al Frank Registered Member

I removed v2.7 as per the instructions on the Eset site (uninstall, delete remaining Eset folders) and then installed v 3.0.669.0. The new install seems to be working properly, but each morning I find my machine has rebooted and the following set or errors are in event viewer:
    The AMON service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

The IIS Admin service terminated with the following error:
    The data is invalid.

The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service depends on the IIS Admin service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The data is invalid

The World Wide Web Publishing service depends on the IIS Admin service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The data is invalid.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    nod32drv

It looks to me like there are still some components of the old install of 2.7 lurking around. I did find imon.dll in the Windows/System 32 folder but didn't delete it until I hear from this forum if that would be the correct thing to do. I also would like to know what I should look for in the registry that could be causing problems.

Cheers,

Al Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.