suppressing the message box

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by subas, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subas

subas Registered Member

Hi,
    I am working with Acronis True image server for windows 9.1, build 3,677. After completing the restoring process in acronis, a message box is displayed showing whether the operation succeeded or not (i.e, Operation Succeeded), This is happening in only some machines, in other machines it is not happening. I want to know in which cases the message box is displayed and which cases it is not. Is there any option in acronis which will totally suppress the message window?

Thanks,
    Subas

2. subas

subas Registered Member

Techies, Any solution?

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If the result of the Restore is a bootable system, I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello subas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you hide the image creating/restoration process (using "Hide" button on the Operation Progress window) there will be no message upon operation compiled. The results of operation are still available in the log file (Tools -> Show log).

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. subas

subas Registered Member

Hi Aleksandr,
    Thanks for your response.
    The solution you specified is working for creating images, but when i tried to restore the same, it is asking for a reboot and going to stand alone mode, in that mode, i was not able to suppress the message box.
    Can you please tell me the way to suppress or hide the message box in that stand alone mode, this is urgent.
    My intention is to restart the machine automatically after the restoration process, without any user intervention. If it is not possible to suppress the message box, is there any other option which will do the duty of restarting the machine automatically after the restoration process.

Thanks,
    Subas

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello subas,

Please note that if the restoration process was started under Windows and the reboot is required to compete the operation (like with restoring the system partition or restore files that are currently in use) you will be prompted to reboot the computer almost right after you pressed the "Proceed" button. This prompt to reboot the computer cannot be skipped. After that computer will be rebooted into standalone mode of Acronis True Image and restoration process continues. Acronis True Image will automatically reboot the computer upon the restoration completed.

If you use Acronis True Image Bootable CD to boot the computer and restore the image you will need to manually reboot the computer. The current version of Acronis True Image does not allow you to reboot the computer automatically upon restoration in this case.

If you want us to change the behavior of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.