Supported disc media for True Image 9 Build3567?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smallpotato, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallpotato

smallpotato Registered Member

I would like to know what kinds of media True Image 9 Build 3567 supports image writing, storage, and recovery from. Also the limitations and particular steps recommended for using this media would help me much.

As an example, I have read that DVD+R's or DVD±RW's can have TI images written to them using only Roxio's Drag and Copy, though not DVD-R's. So there are plenty of media choices and options available for users and a lot of differences as to usage for Acronis' True Image software. Some just will not work - Dual Layer DVD+R's for example. The optical drive is supported but not the media.

A table stating required/recommended software tools and specific limitations for all disc media would be great. Maybe Acronis could help simplify this area with a spreadsheet of media specifics. I think it's important to know what additional software I need to purchase to get TI to work with whatever media they list as well.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you subscribe to the principle of a simple life and I recall that one of your requirements is that your backups could be kept up to date by the some less sophisticated users, then why look further than backups to a separate HDD?
    A review of the FAQs and a search of this board will provide all the information you require concerning other media for backups.
    Look in particular for any advice from Menorcaman regarding DVDs He is the MAN!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello smallpotato,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that you can find the list of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supported storage devices on our web site.

As to the dual layer DVD discs please take a look at this thred.

As to the DVD-R discs, you are right, this type of discs are not supported in Acronis True Image. We may recommend you to use DVD-RW and DVD+R(W) discs instead. DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs can be formatted by any of the third-party UDF-packet DVD-writing applications, while DVD+R at this moment can be formatted only by Roxio Drag To Disc.

Please also read the information about writing to DVDs in our FAQ

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.