Support for TrojanHunter

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Rico, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys, What do you think should I continue using TrojanHunter, or is supporting it non-productive?

I'm running resident: NOD32, ZAPro, PG, RD, & SpySweeper

Thanks
    rico

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Tough question my friend ./
    Personally , I suggest using Ewido on demand and A Squared . If you MUST have real time protection , TH is ok . It comes down to what you want to spend . I think with NOD enabled and using Ewido and A Squared to back it up on demand , you are going to be fine . There are many AT programs but , I find that Ewido makes a nice little backup for NOD . A Squared has very good real time protection now , and will get better in a month or two I expect . Tough decision . For me , NOD with Ewido as backup has done very well .
    Good luck Rico as I think you will need it trying to make the decision .

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Gavin Coe (formerly DiamondCS TDS-3) is now working for Mischel and the updates are almost daily. I don't have TrojanGuard enabled but use TH for an on-demand scanner along with Ewido Micro and A-squared (although A-squared is going to end their free scanner soon).

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

My understanding is the free scanner change has been reconsidered . It will still be free

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Hollywood good to hear from you! G1111 thanks some good points.

I think its kind of like dominos, when one falls. What's going to happen is pretty soon you won't be able to find free definition updates! As more companies start charging a fee (TrojanHunter soon) it emboldens the others. To my knowledge the first was Symantec charging for NAV definitions. Symantec being a publicly traded firm, owes its devotion to shareholders.

I wonder who would win in a RAT shoot out, NOD32 vs TrojanHunter? I kind of like the idea, one less icon in the old tray, (THguard) which also returns 6100 k of mem.. TrojanHunter in approx. one year, has not found, or removed a RAT from my system. Perhaps that reality, has more to do with conservative surfing habits, & passive defense measures. Passive defense most likely kills (does not allow) more RATS than anything. Passive defense I employ include: MVPS Hosts (don't get me started about bluetrash, oops bluetack) IE-Spyad, & Spyblaster. If nobody makes a good argument for THguard remaining resident, I'll use TH as an on demand scanner. And like everyone else get used to paying for definition updates.

Take care
    rico

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Not accurate! The free version will continue. See THIS thread.

Fully agree re bluetack -- bloated monstrosity. Like Rico, MVPS is my choice. However -- must point out that A-squared free has announced they WILL continue to provide updates until... they stop.:gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.