Support for Adaptec RAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by semu05, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semu05

semu05 Registered Member

Can anyone tell me if Acronis True Image Server 8.0 (Build 774) supports the adaptec AAR-1430SA Serial ATA HostRAID Controller. I have a server fitted with this card in a RAID 1 setup and I need to replace the drives. I have two new drives and have created an Image on an external USB drive. I am a bit nervous about trying to restore the image without checking compatibility.

2. AaronAnderson

AaronAnderson Registered Member

Build a rescue CD and then boot to it. If it shows your drives, it detects your controller.

3. Roman1

Roman1 Registered Member

Hi,

I can't speak for your specific model, however Acronis support are currently working on an issue for me - I'm running the Adaptec 1220SA and the RescueCD does not correctly recognise my RAID1. As suggested above try the RescueCD and check that the array is recognised and do not proceed if the drives are listed separately. I made that error and have only just recovered from it.

The RAID is fully supported within Windows however so my disk images compiled by TI Echo Server are fine. I understand it is simply a Linix driver issue in the RescueCD which should be resolved soon.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Disk Backup software

semu05, please follow the method suggested by AaronAnderson, create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media , boot with this media and check if your hardware is supported. Please also note that Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows is old version of the product and most probably it would not support modern hardware.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

5. semu05

semu05 Registered Member

Hi,

Created boot media and it cannot see any drives. Is there any way round this or do I need to upgrade Acronis. If so what is the comparable product within the current Acronis suite of software?

Thank you all for your help so far.

6. Roman1

Roman1 Registered Member

Did you download the latest version? Submit a ticket to Support, you'll be asked to compile a sysfile.txt file which will allow Support to create a custom RescueCD ISO that will see your RAID.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello semu05,

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.