SuperX 2.0 Darwin review - Enterprise not

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Evolution. Or not. A review of SuperX 2.0 Darwin, a Ubuntu based distribution with KDE desktop environment, tested on a laptop with Intel graphics and SSD in a quad-boot configuration, covering live session, installation and post-install usage, including look & feel, Wireless, Samba sharing, multimedia playback - Flash and MP3, installation setup, applications, package management, desktop effects, system resources, and many problems like wrong naming and branding, slow networking, excessive heating, high CPU and memory usage, broken search functionality in the menu, other bugs and glitches, and more.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/superx-darwin.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Gringo95

Gringo95 Registered Member

I would certainly contact the devs via their Facebook page or forum as this looks to be hardware related. I have SuperX 2.0 running on two desktops and a low end Samsung laptop. The desktops are in constant use. I've not had a single issue and this is by far my best KDE experience. With Netrunner on the other hand I cannot do more than a couple of standard procedures with a live session before the whole system crashes. Different hardware = different experience with several distros.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I already had a word with them, and they identified a few problems.
    So I'm looking forward to the next release.
    Mrk

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Oz Unity Opal is the closest to this... every program thrown in the box that you can think and then some.

The first version - Debut used the old tried and true Netbook EFL Launcher interface. The current version uses Unity.

I tried to upgrade Unity via a backport PPA and it mysteriously removed the Ubuntu Desktop in the process! No wonder I couldn't log back in. I'll have to leave a note on the bug with the developer.

These super distros have their uses and when they work - they are beautiful. I'd like to see a review of Linux Deepin. :thumb:

5. Gringo95

Gringo95 Registered Member

These guys are just shipping around 30000 SuperX installed laptops to students of State of Assam in India who qualify the High School leaving exam with good grades. This is funded by the State Government of Assam and is taking up their entire man-power to get SuperX installed in those machines. Quite a product endorsement, so well done to them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.