Superbird Browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Overkill, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Have you tried Superbird Browser? If so, How do you like it compared to other chromium browsers such as Iron, Dragon, Chrome etc?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Just a slight caveat, & it might be nothing, but that link for Superbird is flagged in VirusTotal as a malware site by BitDefender & Sophos.

3. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

4. DX2

DX2 Guest

Actually it is pretty fast. Couldn't import my bookmarks or passwords from FF for some reason. It's just like Google Chrome though, i see no difference.

5. Overkill

I just scanned it and bd says it's clean ~ VirusTotal Results Removed per Policy ~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Maybe gremlins?

7. guest

guest Guest

It's listed on Softpedia, so I don't think it's a rogue. Now the question is, what's the benefit of this browser over the standard Chrome and Chromium?

8. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Just because something is listed on a somewhat reputable site does not mean it isn't a scam or otherwise bad. The discussion on Superbird has been here before: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=340888&highlight=Superbird. What it really is is another "Iron". In other words, it's a knockoff that plays on the fears of Google privacy. Right here tells you all you need to know:http://superbird-browser.com/en/superbird-vs-chrome. It's the same comparison list that Iron uses, so either this Dev is the same one that develops Iron or this person is really pathetic and can't come up with their own benefits.

9. guest

guest Guest

Softpedia is kinda strict. At least I have never encountered any (maliciously, not morally) rogue software. Unless we're talking about Cnet. :ninja:

Anyway, thanks for the link. But that's not what I meant. Dragon has an auto-delete your browsing data feature, Iron has a built-in adblocker. All the features in Superbird are available in Chromium, so nothing really impressive about this browser. :doubt:

10. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

The implication (from their website) is that Superbird is faster than Chrome. Is it faster because it has eliminated Google-reporting?

11. guest

guest Guest

Even if it's faster because of that it's nothing different than Chromium.

Now I just noticed that it has a built-in adblocker, but when I clicked the link to find out more, nothing happens. And good gawd dat fishy pseudo test.

12. Overkill

It does seem very similar to iron and it's super fast compared to chrome

13. guest

guest Guest

Very similar? You mean ripping-off Iron? :p

If you want a barebone version then Chromium is all you need. I'm still wondering what else this browser has. If these are all we can get then it's not worth our time to try.

14. Overkill

Not sure, possibly

look at these pages

Iron
    SB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.