Superantisypyware question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Drew99GT, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Really a dumb question but, it will not update automatically when you start a scan, even though that option is checked. Does that happen to anyone else? I constantly forget to update because every other security software I use does it automatically or notifies me. I'm using the free version. Thanks

2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

3. Drew99GT

I'm talking about a different option entitled "superantispyware can check for definition updates before scanning"

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

That option, if you read carefully, says "Check for updates before scanning on startup" - which is tied to the startup scanning - which is only available in the Professional Edition.

5. Drew99GT

Oops, my bad; thanks Nick.

By the way, I'd like to give a huge shout out to Superantispyware and it's capabilities. My Dad got his laptop insidiously infected via WIFI at a hotel. I have no clue what he did, but he ended up with several pieces of adware, spyware, and a few trojans. I used EVERY free product available to clean it and all of them could detect but not clean some of the stuff. Superantispyware cleaned what the others couldn't. I then rescanned again with all the free stuff to make sure there were no more detections, and there wasn't! I'd have to say Superantispyware is the best at detection and cleaning I've used.

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Thanks for the compliments! It's always nice hearing "success" stories from real infection in the field! Now, your dad should get our Professional version to keep from getting infected! :)

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Nick, allow me to jump in asking this silly question. You have said that if previous poster's dad would have install pro version, those infections could have been prevented? In other words, pro copy's real time scanner can actually scan every web activity for suspicious/known malwares or behavior? I am using SAB, with Real-time spyware protection enabled, does this function equal to SAS pro's real-time protection? Your reply will solve my puzzle. Thanks.:)

8. Drew99GT

I honestly might do that because he KEEPS getting infections. Explorer I tell ya; I tried to convince him to use Firefox but NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The real-time will block anything that we have in our database, or detect through our heuristic/smart definitions. SAB and SAS's real-time are basically the same - SAB will be getting a scanning engine update in the near future.

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Keep up the good work Nick, you have brought this product a long way in a short time. Yours is truly the only AS program that is worth the money, the paid money that is.:)

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it is a good app but i have one problem with it.
    hopefully it can be fixed.
    when i have other programs open and press update the update and sas hides under the other apps and i cant show the update progress or the interface unless i minimize all the other programs.
    has anyone else had this problem?
    try pressing update on sas then open up other programs on top of it and try to show the update progress without pressing the show desktop button or minimizing all the programs.
    lodore

12. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

A strange behavior:
    In Win 98SE, right-click on-demand scanning is only available when SUPERAntiSpyware is loaded in memory. Also, when that scan finishes, SAS exits. So, I have to reload SAS in order to have the right-click option available. Is it a bug or by design?

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its by design the right click menu is only active when sas is loaded in memory there have been posts about it on the sas forums and Nick said it might change in a later version.
    lodore

14. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

I have'nt checked this on any other softwares apart from KASP6 AV which i have installed but only configured to use on demand.The same happens with Kaspersky,unless the software is loaded the file checker will not work.

Maybe if anyone has simmilar file checking options they could exit the software from realtime to check if this is the case for others;)

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ya want Nick to wash your car to, geez.

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i should be able to mazomize it on top of other programs.
    btw just for refrence kav5 started the kav engine when you clicked th right click scanning but for now kav6 doesnt do that yet maybe in mp2 or later it will again.
    lodore

17. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

You took the words right out of my mouth! That's true. I was sitting here thinking exactly this as I was reading this thread. The other's are a waste of money IMO.

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

everytime somene says there kids run p2p
    or other students in my class tell they they use p2p with avg free:D
    i tell them to download and run superantispyware
    lodore

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Thank you, and everyone in the group/forum for support us at SUPERAntiSpyware - it makes it very enjoyable to develop and maintain SUPERAntiSpyware, knowing it is helping users out there in the fight against spyware!

20. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

lodore - I haven't checked, but could there be an "always on top" option?
    By the way, I accessed the updates in my free SAS the other day, and an offer to buy for $19.95 came up. As you might expect, I did. I don't know if the offer is still there. This is a great AS! :D

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the pro version is quite cheap.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.