SuperAntiSpyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Lasse88, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasse88

Lasse88 Registered Member

on superantispyware.com there does stand.

"# Light on System Resources and won't slow down your computer like many other anti-spyware products. Won't conflict with your existing anti-spyware or anti-virus solution!"

Does this mean i can use it together with Spyware Terminator, when both have real-time-shield enabled, without they conflict.?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

If you have the Pro version of SuperAntispyware which unlike the free version has real time protection, you have no need of Spyware Terminator. Resist the urge to "load up" with several ant-spyware programs runing real time.

3. Lasse88

I know, but i like the HIPS in Spyware Terminator..

and i dont really want to find another program where i can get "HIPS" because i wait untill Comodo firewall v3 is released, because it will have HIPS.

So do spywareterminator and SAS pro´s real-time-protection conflict?

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

But how good is this hips function in ST anyway? I don't use a hips program but from what I've read there are some very good free ones that members here can advise you about. As to whether they conflict I don't know.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You can use both without any problem.
    The detection of SUPERAntiSpyware is great, and Spyware Terminator has a very good shield (I'm not refering to the HIPS feature because I don't like these kind of programs for now...)

6. Lasse88

I have no idea how good it is. but its free..

But if i change my antispyware program im not sure about if i want to thoose SAS, who have the best real-time-shield AVG, SAS, or SpySweeper?

7. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We have no reports of conflicts between the two products. You can always run one as "real-time" and one as "on demand".

8. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I'm surprised that Nick hasn't mentioned that SUPERAntiSpyware has been updated to v. 3.9.1008. Well, it has!

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Mine is v 3.8.1002? I wonder if the auto update will take care of it?

Thanks,
    Jerry

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Hey thanks. Time to update SAS.

11. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Our update servers will dole out the updates over the next few days and the autoupdate will alert you :)

12. Lasse88

So you think i can use them together, without they conflict if they both want to try and stop the same thing.?

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

They should work fine together. No product can catch everything on a given day, there is simply too many new spyware variants coming out daily.

14. Lasse88

ok, and the "SUPERAntiSpyware Professional with LIFETIME updates for 19.95" you have.
    that means when i have payed. i get all the Features of SAS PRO, 4ever without paying rigth ?

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We run daily specials from time to time - the above means $19.95 forever without pay again.

16. Lasse88

ok cool, i did buy it 1-2min ago from now :p

17. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

If you have SAS running resident, I'd be inclined not to run SpywareTerminator with it. The general "rule of thumb" is one (and only one) of each of these three: AV, AS, firewall. In many cases it will be impossible to have more than one running, in each category. (Just try installing a second firewall, see what happens. It will auto turn one off, or tell you to uninstall it.)
    The rational is that if two applications detect the malware at similar times there could well be conflictions arise during the block/removal process, which could freeze the OS, and, ironically you end up less protected. (Restart, malware loads/part loads before the AS, bang, infected, computer freezes again....)
    I've not seen this, but have heard of it, but I think it's not common. Still, why risk it?
    ST's strength lies in its free realtime. Its scanning/detection abilities are improving all the time, as the program develops and definitions are added. It's removal capabilities are considered very good, AFAIK. (Had two reports of this).
    I would run SAS resident, and use one or two others for demand scans, and in doing so, save a few system resources, too. Other good demand scanners (IMO) include ST, Asquared, AVG AS.

18. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have had SuperAdBlocker for a few days and was wondering if there is any difference between the realtime spyware protection it offers verses SuperAntiSpyware?

Does it also get the same definition updates for spyware as SAS?

thanks

19. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

iirc it has basically has teh same engine and definitions, SAB is just less configurable.

20. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, I like that method.
    Best,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.