SuperAntispyware vs. SuperAdBlocker

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Metting, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metting

Metting Registered Member

As a new commer to this forum I need your thoughts please

I have SuperAntiSpyware pro and SuperAdBlocker, and as I understand and as I have been informed by vendor's technical support that both progs have identical capabilities in both realtime protection and scanning detection against spyware.

Based on the above and on the fact that I don't need the fixing tools offered by SuperAntiSpyware, my question is :
    Is installing and using just SuperAdBlocker enough? or I'll loose some extra prevention or detection of spyware that granted only by SuperAntiSpyware?

Please note that I'am speaking only about realtime protection against spyware and scanning detection not on any other features.

I think using SuperAdblocker only will do the job perfectly with 16 megs while saving system resources of at least 31 megs that SuperAntiSpyware uses. Am I right? What do you think?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Re: SuperAdBlocker or SuperAntiSpyware or both?

if the vendor does say they both have teh same realtime capabilities then id go with superadblocker. the site says it has realtime spyware protection as well.

i dont know what settings superadblocker uses for its antispyware tho.

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

uncertain if SAS has the same real time protection as SAB morev than likely has however if you choose to run with both you need to uncheck spyware module in superadblocker.

4. muf

muf Registered Member

SAB offers the same level of protection from Spyware that SAS Pro does. They share the same set of definition files. So if you update SAB then it also updates SAS as well, or vice versa. SAS Pro has 'extra's' that are not in SAB, but SAB still does the realtime thing and also allows you to perform a full, quick or custom scan of your pc.

Hope this helps.

muf

5. Metting

Many thanks to you all

Any further comments?

6. muf

muf Registered Member

Hi,

I'm not sure what extra comments you are looking for. You asked if you would be just as well protected using SAB as you would using both SAB and SAS and i responded that you would. You also save on the resource use, something you pointed out. If you let us know what other security application's you run then we may be able to advise something else that could 'add' to the protection. Maybe a HIPS or registry protection type application. But without knowing what you use it is difficult to advise further.

muf

7. Metting

Thanks muf for confirmation , you said both SAS and SAB has the same level of realtime protection. Ok clear enough.

The point is waht exacly both SAS and SAB protect in realtime?
    As I understand both will stop running or installation of spyware and nothing more i.e no protection for hosts file, BHO's, ActiveX, or browser add on's.

Is this right? Do I understand well? Does any one know what SAS and SAB protect in realtime?

Thanks and regards.

8. muf

muf Registered Member

I don't think it monitors any of these area's specifically. i.e Alerting you to the adding of a new BHO. But all these use files and install them in one way or another on to a pc. So i suspect if it's a malware BHO(for example) then as long as the files associated with it are in SAB/SAS database then i see no reason why it won't pick up on them. The Hosts file though i just don't think it monitors at all.

muf

9. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Metting there is a nice forum http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php that might be worth a trip where Nick from sas/sab will answer any queries that you may not find an answer to here.

10. Metting

Thanks alot

shame on me I'am SAS and SAB customer and it is my first time to know that they have a forum :oops:

Thanks again Solarpowere candle ;)

11. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

Hi, I just noticed that SuperAdBlocker version 4.1.1004 was released on 8-22-06 and one of the mentioned enhancements was enhanced detection and removal of zero-day threats. The latest version of Superantispyware (3.2.102:cool: was released on 07-21-06. So was the core engine of SAS lagging behind that of SAB? Would it be better to run SAB instead of SAS? Any ideas of when SAS would have the updated engine?

Thanks.
    Lu Chin

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

superantispyware pro versis superadblocker

Hi,
    after reading the thread about superantispyware free and pro thread i was wondering if superadblocker has all the features of superantispyware in the program as well as the really great popup blocker?
    if not what features of superantispyware does it have?
    thanks in advance
    lodore

13. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Re: superantispyware pro versis superadblocker

Quote from Nick:

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the custom tuning and stuff does sound good thou.
    does superantispyware free or pro version have a scan right click menu yet?

lodore

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Not yet, that is slated for a future build. :)

16. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Does anyone know about whether SAB has fixed its compatibility issue with IE7?

17. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

All known issues with IE7 have been resolved. We are releasing a new version very shortly with full Windows Vista support.

18. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Nick,

And the support for Opera in SuperAdBlocker? ;)

Best Regards

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Thanks for your interest in Opera - unfortunately Opera does not provide an easy way to "hook" into the browser to do the ad-filtering, flash blocking ,etc. so I am not sure that we will be able to do Opera support in the near future. :(

20. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Ok, maybe one day... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.