SUPERAntiSpyware version 4.0 Final released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jadda, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

SAS 4 has always started up on my systems with Threatfire running but I have noticed that SAS is loading much slower than the previous version. I will try it with Threatfire suspended and see if that makes any difference in the load time.

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If you just updated definitions the load might be a few seconds slower, but then on subsequent loads it will be much faster as the definitions are pre-parsed.

3. Firebytes

Yeah, I can't tell any difference in load times of SAS with Threatfire suspended or not and SAS has loaded faster than the previous version on every attempt since the first one today. I guess it was just slower due to definition updates the first time. If there is an incompatibility between Threatfire and SAS as one of the posters stated I can't find it on my systems.

4. Firebytes

(FYI) On my systems SAS 4 loads slower not only the first time after definition updates but also on its first run after a system reboot. After that though it loads much faster each time it is called on than the old version did and scans faster as well. :thumb:

5. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I guess this only applies to the Pro version with resident protection enabled? I'm running the Free version (for now, I'm probably going to update to Pro) and I don't see this process in my Services list.

6. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

Will try running them both again maybe next week. Still evaluating XP SP3 on my test pc atm. (SAS works fine with it as far as I can tell)

This may have been the case for me. I most probably overlooked the update check on SAS start up which may have been the cause for me thinking SAS locks up and doesn't go well with ThreatFire... On that note, SAS does seem slow when it's updating.

7. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

The addresses of the implementation of the OS functions are contained in a kernel table called the System Service Descriptor Table (SSDT)
    System services enumerated in the System Service Descriptor Table (SSDT) run in kernel mode.

IceSword's window to the kernal, part of the SSDT also known as the System Call Table containing the SAS entry (and EQSecure, NAB and uphclean) in red...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  8. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Thanks. How can I find and open this SSDT on my pc (just to see what's in there)?

Is it correct that the lay-out of version 4 is mostly the same as version 3?

9. Meriadoc

I use the antirootkit programs GMER, IceSword or RkU usually, but there are other tools.
    Mostly.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  10. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Yes, the GUI had minor changes.

11. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Jesus crist, i was having a activation problem with my life time subscription, i send ticked at 2:10 am, and i got my problem fix at 2:12am, what a great support

the scan speed is really fast, great job Nick

thanks

12. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

The new version of SAS Pro is running great here. Congrats on the new version Nick and Crew.

13. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Congrats for what :blink: Yet again avoiding the UAC issue at startup where the automatic updates trigger UAC in Vista :rolleyes: 18 Months have passed and STILL! no effort to resolve this :cautious: Oh! and I must add if other companies can do it, It cant be that difficult so No Excuses :shifty: I bet the next moronic comment that comes to answer this post, sugests turning off automatic updates :rolleyes:

14. Threedog

Have you tried turning off automatic updates!!!!! :D :D :D

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Currently, based upon the millions of users that visit our sites each month, less than 15% of them are Vista users, and the other 80+% are Windows XP users. We have put our efforts into detecting and removing the harmful threats that others often miss as the XP systems are infected more than the Vista systems. Version 4.1 handles all the UAC issues and will be available shortly.

16. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Thanks for all of the support we have received during the pre-release and official release phases of version 4.0.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Offering my own round of thanks too Nick for your continued ambition in this absolutely amazing AntiSpyware Detector "AND" Remover i might add.

The lab team also is to be sincerely congratulated for their tireless efforts toward continued improvements and as it's developer many more thanks for separating SuperAS from all the crowd (In A Big Way LoL) by making it lean but mean where others fall woefully short, and of course always taking the time to address and/or engage intelligently both critics & customers/supporters alike.

All The Best!!

18. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

The next time, may you choose more kind words? Thanks :)

19. Threedog

And I answered his post so that makes me a ............. very satisfied SAS Pro user. :D

20. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Anyway... If I have SUPER Ad Blocker installed (which I do) which version of SUPERAntiSpyware does it contain? the Free or the Professional? and If I enable realtime will it detect any attempt of installation or intrusion o_O Just curious as I havent seen it do a thing yet :blink:

One other thing :doubt: At present I'm running a full scan with the AntiSpyware contained in SAB and its been scanning forr 13 minutes so far,and as yet hasent even started to scan files its still scanning registry items :blink: "Mother of God!" whats going on :blink: why the lengthy delay :blink:

Edit* correction 16 minutes in and still scanning registry @ 7000 items +

Edit* After scanning 575 memory items and 7944 registry items it started on files after a time expiration period of 19mins 37seconds

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  21. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It includes the SUPERAntiSpyware Personal Edition which is in between the Free and the Professional. It has not yet been updated to the 4.0 technology as that was just released.

22. Meriadoc

With all due respect DVD+R I cannot understand the issue some have with how long a scan takes.

23. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

As far as SuperAdBlocker is concerned,

It uses a large amt of resource, and its attachment of SAS free is not that great either. I have since deleted it, switched to AD Muncher.

With the promising results of SAS .4, SAB can make a Quantum leap, if SAS 4 is successfully integrated into it.

Hope the good new is not too far.

Take care.

24. mlurp

mlurp Registered Member

I have the Professional life time updates on version 4.0.1154, that the version your talking about?

25. jaydub

jaydub Registered Member

Quick question.

Just downloaded v4.0 and performed a quick scan and it scans the first two categories (memory and registry) but no longer scan the third category (files) like v3.9 did.

Is this the intended functionality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.