SUPERAntiSpyware Trojen.Agent/Gen-Kryptic

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by poison, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poison

poison Registered Member

Hi, today after booting into windows I had a warning from SAS that it had found a threat so I did a full scan with the following result:

http://i.imgur.com/z6AbA.jpg

To be honest I think something is wrong with SAS after the definition update and the threats are probably a false positive as I haven't download anything new etc. I tried to go over to the SAS website but it takes me to http://www.superantispyware.com/siteunavailable.html so I cannot check if others have the same problem. Just wondered if anybody here has had the same threat today maybe after the latest definition update?

2. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Similar thing happening to me this morning. I checked the system just before shutdown last night with SAS and no detections. But, this morning suddenly, I am infected? Hope they get it sorted out soon.

3. poison

poison Registered Member

4. sbcc

sbcc Guest

I'm seeing it too. Clean files tagged as generic Kryptic trojan files.

Calls are coming in from my clients. I have a very busy day, suddenly. I have an unconfirmed report of an unbootable computer, and another that lost internet access.

In the case of the one I'm working on now, it flagged a .dll that's part of the Broadcom wireless driver and also the registry filter entries for the accelerometer on a Dell studio laptop.

More reports are showing up on the SAS false positive section of their forum.

Not good.

5. poison

poison Registered Member

Not good at all. Some of the files that it reported as infected could have caused some real problems for me too, I'm sure. I'm just pleased that I have been the only person on the computer for the last day or so and had a hunch that it was a possibly false positive.

I finally got to the forums and see the database has been updated to 9127 now. I haven't had any more alerts but I'm going to reboot in a moment to see what happens.

Hopefully that's the end of it now and I hope you don't have too many more clients with problems. :doubt:

6. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I believe they have now corrected this with a new update......

7. poison

poison Registered Member

Yeah everything seems OK now on 9127 :thumb:

8. sbcc

sbcc Guest

Thanks! Appreciate the good wishes and the update info. I won't be looking at the damaged computers until late in the day today. So far, no more calls. Let's hope that trend holds. :thumb:

ETA: Just got done repairing the damage to one of the computers. 200+ files quarantined as Trojan.Agent/Gen-Kryptic, including all system restore points. Restoring from quarantine fixed almost everything, but not the wireless utility. It had to be downloaded and reinstalled.

Glad you got to it before someone else decided to quarantine everything. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.