SuperAntiSpyware small "problem"

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Stijnson, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I have been using the Free version for some time now and I must say that I'm very pleased about the program.

Today I noticed something odd though and I was wondering if this is harmful/problematic.

After manually updating the definitions you normally see a screen showing the content of the latest definitions (in this cases 345:cool:. This morning this screen remained blank, although SAS clearly showed that 3458, trace 1449 had been installed. When I tried updating again the program, as expected, told me that I was up to date.
    Clicking on the 'Show me what is in the latest updates'-link (or something like that) did work. It brought me to the SAS definitions website.

Is this a small bug or do I have reason for concern? Like I said, I never had this before. Can I assume that the program is still working alright?

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I just manually updated (using version 4.0.1154) with no problems. Then updated again and got the "Database definitions are up to date" message. Perhaps it was a temporary server glitch. Anyhow all seems to be normal.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We have no other reported problems, it's hard to know - the Internet connection (up or downstream) could have been distrupted.

Let me know if you have any further problems!

4. Stijnson

I will do that. I'll try a manual update later this week and report back with my findings.

5. Stijnson

I updated to the latest definition file yesterday and all went fine -:)
    I guess there was a small glitch on my box the last time. If it happens again I will let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.