SUPERantispyware problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mele20, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I can't get registered at their forum. I had a terrible time typing in that stupid antibot code and they have no way to listen to it. I finally got it right but then I don't get the email. Aot of forums I never get the email. It has gotten very difficult to register in a forum these days.

I have an error in Event Viewer every time I start SuperAntispyware 4.0.1. Ideas on how to fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

You can send them a support ticket from their webpage.

Edit: Sorry, did note notice you couldn't registere on the forum.

3. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

I checked the SAS forum to find this is a known concern. Click on the capture below to view a brief thread and workaround resolution.

Attached Files:

4. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

[QUOTE. I finally got it right but then I don't get the email. Aot of forums I never get the email.

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

After a successful registration at any given forum, a pending e-mail confirmation is not always necessary. Some will ask you to click the feedback to ensure registrant is not using fake e-mail address; while some others

just simply allow you to proceed w/o further checking.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thank you. That is a slightly different error as that one can't find the file and my error says it cannot create a file that already exists. But the root of the problem for both is probably the same. I probably should first try uninstalling and reinstalling after removing those registry entries.

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

In this case, a click on the url in the email is required to finish registration. Luckily, I did get the email while I was asleep. LWM explained to me what greylisting is and how that works with email that uses it and how it can sometimes mess up forum registrations. But all is well for this forum now. So, I will post there and probably use my ISP addresses in the future for forum registration instead of dslr mail although I think my ISP is using this greylisting too...many times it takes half a day to get a forum email through my ISP and sometimes never as my ISP blocks a lot of mail apparently HotMail currently. So, there probably is no easy solution.

As for requesting non forum support, that is chat support which I don't like and avoid if possible.

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

9. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

@Mele, are you running Free or Pro?

I noticed a similar message (cannot start SASDIFSV-service: cannot create file that already exists) in my Event Logs when I (automatically) updated my Free 3.9 to 4.01.
    I guess this is because the file already existed on my pc (in the install directory of SAS).
    When I now start SAS Free I don't get the message in my Event Log (so I'm guessing the SASDIFSV-service is started normally. If not, can someone please inform me).

@Nick (or any other knowledgeable SAS user): Is the SASDIFSV-service also started if you run the Free version (and thus start it manually every time)?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have the free version. I had Free 3.9 with no error message in Event Viewer. I upgraded to 4.01 and now have this error in Event Viewer. I run SAS on demand so it doesn't start at boot. Each time I manually start it, this error shows up in Event Viewer. Maybe rebooting the computer will fix it. I hate to have to reboot because I keep virtual machines running and it means I have to shut them down. I don't think I rebooted after I upgraded to 4.01.

I posted a new thread at SAS forums about 10 hours ago.

EDIT: I rebooted and no error when I started SAS. So, I think the problem was my not rebooting after the upgrade.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  11. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

@Mele. I'm glad to hear you fixed this :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.