Superantispyware Pro real time protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Threedog, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Cart glitch?

Attached Files:

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Interesting. I just tested it here and it works. I will look into it.

3. EliteKiller

FWIW the link I was using is the "$19.95 special" you receive after a successful definition update of the free version.

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Ok, it should be there now.

5. EliteKiller

Looks good on my end as well. :thumb:

6. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I have to admit that there are many people over the internet professing about SAS's Real Time capabilities. I'm starting to think that maybe it's not so bad to have a beetle icon in my System Tray after all. LOL. Also will add that the Pre Release is still running smoothly on my PC.

7. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

It impressed me good enough that I bought it Wordward and I dont impress easy. The only question I was left with was to run realtime or not and after this thread my question is answered and realtime is enabled and running with no problems. Of course it may never see any action as my normal surfing is pretty safe. The only time I have ever got hit was when I went looking for it to test stuff and then I never did get infected.

8. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Hey Threedog. Yeah SAS is indeed super. If anyone has an extra license for it, I have about 10 months or so left on the ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware license that was available a little while ago, and would be happy to trade it for the extra SAS one. If not I guess I have to try and save up for a license. I wonder if maybe Nick would have given me one now if I hadn't of dissed the beetle icon? LOL. Seriously I have to say once again that I really do like this program and like you Threedog, because of what has been said about it in this thread I am a even more of a believer in its capabilities than I was before. Hey Nick, can there ever be a time when at least the color of the beetle icon can be changed though? LOL.

9. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

See....never diss a beetle. Look at how people dissed Volkswagen when it first came out with the beetle....the origninal beetle not the revised version. Beetle owners laughed all the way past the gas station.

I knew how good the scan was with SAS but didn't know how good the realtime was until Fkudats post so I loaded it alone on my war lappy and went hunting. It was popping up more than a cheerleader on a trampoline and never missed a beat.

10. EliteKiller

Woodward, if you don't like the beetle icon then simply disable it in the SAS startup options, or you can customize the notification area on the taskbar.

11. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Threedog. My wife use to have a 73 VW Super Beetle which was very good on gas. Maybe if I started to drive one, I could save enough money up to keep using SAS. LOL. Hey EliteKiller. I know I could hide the icon, but I rather see it, than not see it. It's starting to grow on me though. I am serious about hopefully being able to at least change the color some day. Black would be cool. Or maybe a black "S" on it even.

12. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I don't remember my parents talking about anybody dissing the "original" Beetle. The one that was first produced in '36.
    Only remember the Americans dissing it in the 60's and 70's. Where's the motor industry of the mighty USA today?
    Sorry to be OT.

13. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I'm running NOD32 2.7 as my AV. Will the Pro version, with real-time protection enabled, run nicely alongside or will this cause a conflict (2 real-time protections)?

14. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I can try that with Trial but I say YES! I run SUPERAntiSpyware PRO with Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and everything is fine.

15. Stijnson

Thanks MikeNas. Those are two AS products, right? You have both products running in real-time?
    I was wondering how SAS Pro (real-time) performs in combination with a real-time AV (like my NOD32).

16. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Yes both products running realtime with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. No slowdowns. This is my this week setup :D

17. Stijnson

LOL. You change setups every week? I'm more 'habit prone' I guess...:D

18. Stijnson

19. fax

fax Registered Member

Been running SAS and ZA and cannot confirm what reported.
    ZA does not block SAS and SAS cannot disable ZA.

Probably some OP settings problem.

Cheers,
    Fax

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

21. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Running NOD32 and SAS Pro here without a single issue. Actually I am running SAS Pro version 4 in Vista.

22. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I was wondering if there is mention anywhere of what all SAS' Real Time protects against and how it works. For instance a-squared has heuristics and its IDS to detect things in Real Time, and Windows Defender claims to detect unwanted programs with a heuristic type of detection method. Or is SAS more like AVG AS in that it scans every file opened with signatures?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  23. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Or is it more like Spyware Terminator, but without the HIPS?

24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

SUPERAntiSpyware is not a HIPS. We use many methods in detecting and preventing harmful processes from starting and terminating those that are active. Our real-time should not interfere with any other real-time protection.

25. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Thanks for the reply. I understand SAS isn't a HIPS, but do these methods you speak of work for Internet Explorer only? Or do they offer protection for Firefox as well? I imagine if the protection is some kind an execution prevention method it does, or if it uses heuristics? Are any of these those methods?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.