Superantispyware Pro real time protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Threedog, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

PM email address has been sent to you.

2. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

SAS Pre Release ran well, and I believe it is a good program. However, I honestly just can't get past that beetle icon sitting in my System Tray. I think the next release of Spyware Terminator will be very good so until then... by by beetle, I knew you well.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

That's your choice of course - when you get nailed by a nasty rootkit that no other products will see, you are welcome to let the "little beetle" save you as it does others :)

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

icons schmicons......long live da beetle!! :D

5. jtcst

jtcst Registered Member

You can always choose to hide the system tray icon if it bugs (no pun intended, "LOL") you that much. "LOL" :argh:

6. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Not sure how a thread about SAS real-time protection has anything to do with the icon but since it has veered into that territory I can't resist putting in my two cents. :p

I can't understand why you wouldn't want to use a top notch security program like SAS just because you don't like the icon. Just doesn't seem like good logic to me. If the program does its job well then who cares about the icon??

"No, no, officer...really, I don't want you to stop any intruders from breaking into my home. Your badge is butt ugly!" o_O

:D

7. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Ok, I see how the thread came to the icon topic due to the last question by the OP (red highlighting by me) but I still couldn't stop using a program I really liked due to its icon. If it matters to you that much though then that's OK too I guess. :D

8. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Thanks for your kind response jtcst. Maybe if Nick replied in such a manner I'd consider keeping SAS for awhile longer since it very well may see a nasty rootkit that no other AS would, and maybe I'd even consider buying it. I guess that's what having 5 million users of a security software program can do to someones customer service skills. LOL. For the record I have yet to uninstall it as I am awaiting to see how well it runs with the new version of Online Armor Free. I here OA Free can detect rootkits, but I'm not really sure if it sees the nasty ones. LOL. I'll ask the man himself, Mike Nash if it does. He doesn't seem to mind questions, or even suggestions. Take care all. And that That includes you too Nick.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If you follow my posts on the various forums, you will see that I always listen to the suggestions of users and we keep a log of every suggestion that is brought forth. What I am trying to get across here is that our focus will ALWAYS be detection and removal of threats as that is what counts in the end. Having over 5 million users has made us hone our skills to best serve our customer base and to me having a large and growing user base is like having a huge family - I am responsible for making sure that they are taken care of and protected against threats - that is why you see me taking the time to try and personally answer posts and stay "in touch" with the real user base. If I didn't care about our users, I would simply turn a "blind eye" to the various threads and go on about my business - but to me, we are developing our product for the user so I want to stay in-tune with the user base. That said, we unfortunately can't implement everything everyone wants in the product - I have to properly budget our various resources. I don't feel that too many people would think much of SUPERAntiSpyware if we suddenly decided to focus on the graphics aspect of the product and let the effectiveness of detecting and removing spyware slip.

Maybe we could create a poll here on Wilders or on our own forums and find out what is most important to you, the user base. :)

10. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I am starting to think Wordward is just trying to pull your strings, Nick.

Long live the beetle!!!!! :D

11. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Now that's a great response, and one I feel I can get behind and move on with. I certainly didn't mean to diminish all the help I have seen you offer here in Wilders Nick, and if you can find some of my older posts you will see I have always said good things about you and SAS. Also when I said by by beetle I knew you well. Although I meant it in a more joking matter than what it apparently came off as, I admit the Spyware Terminator part was a bit antagonistic and I apologize for that. Despite my many posts here at Wilders I really don't believe any of us here actually need most of the securty programs we use. But I really do think SAS is a good program and if I had the extra cash I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it to use for some added protection just in case I ever would come across a nasty rootkit. LOL. I do have one question though. Have you or anyone from SAS responded to the test done on SAS by I believe PC Magazine? Although I don't pay much attention to these magazine tests, it was still nevertheless not the most favorable, and I believe it should be addressed if it already hasn't been. Take care and keep up the good work. You must be doing something right if SAS has 5 million users. Oh, and Threedog is right. I was pulling your strings just a little bit with some of my earlier posts. Take a look here. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=198969 But I apologize for that too.

12. Threedog

Threedog is always right.....unless he is wrong. :D

13. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I don't recall ever seeing an official response from Nick on his Google blog before it was taken down or on his forums. It took him about 2 months to respond to Gizmo's article, and I do recall him saying that he was working on a response to PCMag, but it appears that he never quite finished it.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1033376&postcount=45

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  14. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Google (Blogspot.com/Blogger.com) would not respond regarding my blog and thus they unfortunately closed it down due to the fact that it (an thousands of other blogs) were hacked due to security errors in their system. All of the blogs are on our forums and I will be starting up another official blog shortly.

As far as the PCMag review, I will be awaiting their review of our upcoming 4.0 version and if the results are the same, I will prepare an official response at that time.

15. EliteKiller

Nick, do you ever sleep? ;) Hopefully Rubenking, or one of his ASSociates performing the review, is able to open their eyes in order to see what a truly remarkable product SAS is and give credit where it's due. Then again they're a bunch of shills so I wouldn't hold my breath. :cautious:

16. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I guess that means that I should discard all of my security programs and go "naked" on the web, right? LOL :rolleyes: :eek: ;) :p :doubt:

17. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Hey ccsito how have you been? You know I said "most" of the stuff we use right? LOL.

18. Threedog

What would ever make you think that anyone here runs too many security apps. :D

19. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

LOL. Actually I really only run three. The problem is though, that it's always a different three every month. LOL.

20. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

From Frequently Asked Questions:

I have more than one computer, do I have to purchase SUPERAntiSpyware Professional for each of them?

When you purchase SUPERAntiSpyware Professional you receive a registration code that is allowed to be used on two (2) computers at the same time.*

If you need to install/run the product on more than two (2) computers, you are required to purchase an additional registration code. You can do so at a greatly reduced rate when you make your original purchase.

If you elect to purchase lifetime updates at the time of original purchase, you must purchase a lifetime update for each registration code you purchase.

http://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=44

21. EliteKiller

I don't see any mention of lifetime updates for the second copy, nor is there an option to add it. Maybe Nick can chime in with a clarification.

Attached Files:

22. Threedog

The second license is only good for a year....... I checked. :D

I was aware that you could run one license on two computers when I purchased it, thats why I gave the second license to my Mother. I use one copy of mine on my actual computer and one on the VM.

23. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

You can add lifetime updates to the extra copy by just updating the quantity of the lifetime updates to two (2) and clicking the update button.

24. EliteKiller

In the screenshot that I posted above there is no option to add lifetime updates.

25. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Once the additional copy is added, the option for the lifetime will show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.