Superantispyware Pale Moon

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Rainwalker, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I understand Pale Moon has been picked up by many anti-malware programs as being malware (Trojan in my case) for some time now. Why is SAS STILL tagging it malware?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Nobody reported it as false positive?

3. Rainwalker

There are various posting out there concerning "False positives". The Pale Moon people have also commented......interesting.

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Did you report is using the built in false positive reporting inside SUPERAntiSpyware? If not, please do so and also post your scan log here for review.

5. Rainwalker

My scans are 'Clean'....the item is 'Trojan.Agent/Gen-Ban.process'. SAS version is 5.0.1108.......Pale Moon download from Softpedia. Just upgraded to 5.0.1116. Might will try Pale Moon again.....seems to me that 5.0.1116 would not change anything.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  6. Rainwalker

Just tried a fresh Pale Moon download ( Softpedia ) and still the same Trojan reported/blocked.

7. Rainwalker

Has anyone tried the download I mentioned? Any other comments?

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Again.....Did you report is using the built in false positive reporting inside SUPERAntiSpyware? If not, please do so and also post your scan log here for review.

9. carat

carat Guest

Rainwalker - please use the EDIT button :doubt:

10. nessy90

nessy90 Registered Member

I use SAS Pro and think its great, and I agree the rainwalker should report it thru the right channels, however I question SAS managements policy, if it is as it would appear here, they do not investigate the issues that are reported here because it wasnt reported thru their report facility hmm so does this mean things like FP's and malware reported here are ignored and only acted upon if reported thru the right channels, personaly I find it hard to believe this would happen but the question needs to be asked.

Nessy

11. Rainwalker

I do not understand what it is you are trying to say.

@tpro...nor do I understand why you are asking me to use the edit button.

12. fax

fax Registered Member

To report it as false positive to superantispyware and to post here the superantispyware log. It seems not too difficult compared to the trouble of uploading to virustotal and all the rest that you have done so far. Otherwise it looks like (no offense indended) you are trolling. :ninja: :blink:

13. nessy90

Lets reverse this question has anyone from SAS done their own investigation to see if there is an issue, how hard would that be, if they have, what was the result and if they have'nt well I will probably reconsider renewing my subscription in the next couple of months, it says lots about how flawed there R&D is when it comes to Malware and FP'S and their attitude towards their customers, if it were my buisness I would welcome someone pointing out problems so they can be fixed,wether it be this forum or not. And if the post is malicious then everyone will know, but until then this looks like one big shutup or we will make you look bad from SAS and some of its supporters.:doubt:

Nessy

14. fax

fax Registered Member

Very hard if the issue is limited to few users. Its the law of numbers. If you have millions users priority goes to issues impacting many of them. But, nonetheless, an issue posted in a third party forum triggered a reaction by a SAS representative willing to try to sort it out. Request that was so far unattended for whatever historical or personal reasons.

Why blaming SAS then? Sorry but IMO it is hardly justifiable from what I can see in this thread.

15. nessy90

Agreed with this only.

Nessy

16. Rainwalker

@ fax..............................Firstly, I am offended.....well, not so much offended as pi****. Randomly check out my posts over the many years I have posted here and you will clearly see your inference was utterly ridiculous. I did not know what Nick was trying to say. All of his previous postings are clear and well worded. The one I responded to was not. Also, I have no idea what YOU are writing about when you write "It seems not too difficult compared to the trouble of uploading to virustotal and all the rest that you have done so far". I have uploaded nothing to virustotal. All I have done was to post what I posted here and do a quick online search before doing so. It seems few have seen this Trojan, but some have, as reported on the web. Since it has been seen by others, I naturally expected a simple and quick response to my original post. Maybe false positive?

17. fax

fax Registered Member

Uff... and still you have not posted what was asked twice (or more)and keep replying to other users than SAS ... Out of curiosity, do you know how to post a log? Or to contact SAS directly? If not, I would understand the problem... :blink:

18. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

19. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

We're having issues with Superantispyware as well, seems the build needs to go back to their beta team..

20. niki

niki Registered Member

Personally I've never had any issues with SAS free using Palemoon, Firefox or IE8 browsers, so far not even with the latest version of SAS.

Additionally I never download from other websites other than the author's websites or MG. I always download to the desktop to scan with MBAM and Avast prior to installing. Feel safer that way.

Ran full scans with MBAM PRO and Avast free. So far no FP or issues with SAS. :thumb:

21. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

I've had Palemoon installer detected as suspicious in the past with various scanners; just click 'ignore' and forget about it...

22. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Ran the latest version through VT and it came up clean as a whistle.

23. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.