Superantispyware Killed my Computer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Makav3l1, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Please explain why your trained professional asked me what the error was after I clearly stated that I had a lifetime key and started receiving a subscription expired notification. I'd also like to know why this so called trained professional claims that some software on my pc is blocking SAS when I clearly stated that I deactivated the code in question, input a new code, and it works properly. Professional?

You have not helped me dozens of times in the past either. I have never once asked for your assistance in removing malware. The only time you or your support staff has assisted me is resetting a key maybe 3-5 times. I think I've asked for a link to a pre-release or two before. This is yet another wild claim on your behalf.

Yes, because I grew tired of the lackluster support and said that I would email you for assistance.

So you can honestly say that you've personally handled my issue with respect, politeness and courtesy?

My customers are free to purchase w/e they want. I will still support them if they use your product. At this point I am simply going to take my business elsewhere.

You seem to change your tone on a whim when it comes time for damage control. Respect is the last thing you've shown me over the past 11 days.

You act like SAS is the only player on the block. I will refrain from name dropping butrest assured there are other anti-malware solutions that are as good (possibly better) than SAS. Pricing is also similar.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

What happened here is you tried to make SUPERAntiSpyware the "bad guy" by taking a simple situation that could have been resolved easily public into the forums and unfortunately your own comments were your own undoing.

You grew tired of lackluster support after two back and forths where the representative was trying to ask questions to help you?

Do you call your customers "morons" when they have to ask you a question more than once?

Have some respect for people - remember, you think you "know more than everyone" - but there is always someone that knows more and could call you a "moron" - how would you feel?

I have NEVER said we are the "only player on the block" - surely you know me well enough that I would never say something like that!

As far as other good products, there are many to choose from, including NOD32, AVG, MBAM and many others! People should run more than one - surely you know that!

I have spyware to fight, so I wish everyone the best!

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Wow very interesting thread this turned out to be.IMO You guys should just come to some common ground and resolve the issue or just partways and say your goodbyes let be at that.

4. EliteKiller

My customers are not professionals unlike your well trained professional staff.

I could care less. Right now you're acting like one, and so far you've got 2 wild and bogus claims without one ounce of proof.

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Well, it's good to hear that you don't treat them that way! Again, if you wish to have assistance, we are always here to help!

Take care, I wish you the best!

6. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I don't think either of you guys are wrong, but writing text across the screen is very different from what could be sorted out in person in two minutes.

Nick, you've helped many people, including myself, and your program continues to assist users everyday.

Something irregular happened with your program recently, inconvenienced a number of users. I think people, as a natural instinct, just wanted an apology, and EliteKiller, as a user, was just giving an example of where he felt 'things didn't work out for him either'.

You can take it personally, but I think overall, people want to continue to see SAS do well and improve.

And EliteKiller, I always respect his thoughts and views and value his input on this board. When he posts, I take notice. His website alone is helping many people each day, much more than the billions of websites out there full of complete trash, and more than the websites fleecing people of their money for a sub-par anti-virus product. If everyone took the time to read through that one page of text, there wouldn't be malware or computer problems to speak of.

Neither of you guys should be annoyed at each other. And the word 'morons', yeah it can be offensive, but from where I'm from, you could even say to a teacher in class, 'miss robinson, the guys down the back are being morons, tell them to be quiet', and people would just laugh.

So just agree to disagree. :p

7. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I have no problem with John (EliteKiller) and am still here to help him! If it's such an issue to deal with our "morons" as he called them, I can help him out - way too much time has been wasted on just this thread alone! It's not about "winning" or "right or wrong" (to me) - if there is a problem, we resolve it, just as we did with the FP, just as we will with John if he wishes assistance.

Our tech simply wanted to do a few "tests" to see if we could isolate the problem so we can resolve it and see if there is something WE can do on our side to make sure it wouldn't happen again to him, or other users.

If you (or other people) saw how rude people are to our support staff on a daily basis, you would likely be appallled. People seem to feel they have the "right" to insult support staff and that they are somehow a "lesser" person because they are doing support and not some other job - when the truth is, our support technicians know more than most "tech" people - and they certainly know our product and how to diagnose issues.

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Having worked in retail, I occasionally was confronted with a customer similar to Elite Killer who made a federal case over some misunderstanding and wouldn't let it go. Sometimes it's better to offer the person a refund, because he will continue to be a source of aggrevation long after the present problem has been solved, and it's not worth it. o_O
    May I suggest that you gentlemen take your spat somewhere else like the telephone and continue it there. I can't believe a moderator hasn't closed this thread yet. :mad:
    I have a lifetime license for Superantispyware and think it's the bomb. :cool:

9. EliteKiller

Let me get this straight. Referring to me as a 13 yr. child in public and via PM is not rude in your eyes? When you disagree with your customers do you also refer and talk down to them as you would a child? I too am curious.

Nick, all of this could have been avoided if you stepped up and handled this issue in a swift and professional manner. Unfortunately you claim to still want to offer help, but at the same time you are going out of your way to post false statements (free codes, helped me dozens of times, etc) which completely ruins your credibility in my eyes. IMO It's no different than someone being two faced.

I've been dealing with you for a couple of years, helped plenty of people out on your forums, rarely asked for anything, sent you samples, spent quite a bit of money with your company, and this is the kind of "professional" support I am privy to? You've had enough information to work on my issue without having to ask repetitive questions. Ask me something different for once.

10. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Thread Summation:

1. Some customers are difficult, and test patience.

2. An early apology at least for ‘the situation’ from Nick would have possibly defused some of the opinions in the thread.

3. When EK gets all tangled up in his own words and actions and resorts to name-calling, defensiveness, and obfuscation, his credibility and motivations are questionable at best.

4. Nick has indicated that he is willing to further work to address any further issue. If EK wants to continue the discussion, now is the time to take it off the message board.

5. Everybody should check things out a little before deleting anything that AV/AM’s find.

6. Everybody should have some sort of roll-back or back-up solution for when things go bad.

7. It is not fair to others in the Wilder’s community at large to engage in drama, accusations, and name-calling with vendors who participate in the forums. Their participation is a benefit to the forum and should be encouraged. Fair disagreement is ok. Lack of civility is not.

If I were Nick, my response would have been different. My response would have been, “I will refund your money, please do not contact our company again.”

A while back, Sprint terminated the service of over a thousand customers. When I heard that, I thought, “What the heck is Sprint thinking?” The press had all sorts of articles accusing Sprint of canceling service for merely asking for customer service.. But when the rest of the story came out, it all became clear and pretty logical.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2007-07-10-1609203244_x.htm

Some people are just pain-in-the-asses. Those difficult customers at Sprint averaged 40-50 calls a month with their issues and problems?!

I’ve known people like this. Those difficult Sprint customers tied up and bogged down Sprint resources to the detriment of reasonable customers with periodic concerns.

I’ll be contacting Nick soon, as I have a lifetime license that I have not used in a few years (SAS seemed to cause freezes on my system - although I never contacted customer support, so this is just a guess). I bought a new computer and I’m ready to put SAS back in my defense arsenal again. But I’ve misplaced my SAS info… oops.

And I can assure you, I will not call anybody at SAS a “moron” even if I’m not happy with the service.

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I didn't realise 'moron' was such a bad word. I'm a moron. Serious! :)

Must be a culture thing.

Edit: I understand, insults are never good. The thing with the internet and these boards, sometimes people post when they're not in the best of moods, and instead of things being left in the past and forgotten about, they're here for everyone to read, form an opinion on, take sides on. Then days are spent defending who was right. If this discussion happened in person, it'd be forgotten about five minutes later.

Hopefully this 'discussion' can continue/resolve on a positive note.

12. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

What is Moron.
    1.A stupid person.
    2.psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from between 7 to 12 years and Generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification no longer in use and is now considered offensive. PS I am a moron and dam proud one. LOL

13. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

From at a glance, it seems to me you might have taken your frustrations into an PM with Nick Skrepetos, .. calling staff morons or resort to any level of verbal abuse is simply wrong, regardless how often it's being said in your own home or out around you. You have these hired helps whom tiresomely handling customer services, ... dealing with people of all skill levels and some just plain ignorant, refusing to follow simple advise and talks down to the hired helps for simply trying to follow protocols. - But I can relate to the fact how irritating, and frustrating it can be to be talking to technical support (I'm guilty as charged.. ) and they don't seem to pick up some key points, .. still no accuse to to resort to verbal abuse of any level.

I also surely wouldn't like a company advertising that I received some free codes ... especially when I know they hadn't, and stating the technical support has help me many times previously when in-fact they hadn't. But I know this and everything else unpleasant that aroused from the first PM to Nick Skrepetos was a human error and should be dealt with in a professional / adult manner, and on official grounds and not off.

And regarding having a staff that can handle many situations, if customers refuse to go through them, and demand direct contact with the developer. If direct contact with the developer was constant, no work would be getting done, and stress-levels would go through the roof. But I must say ... for such a busy fella, he sure does find the time to come on here and argue, and argue and some more arguing and not answer questions dating wayyyy back, or help clarify what exactly has taking place that cause his product to flag critical system file or files. Not even any mentioning yet how he's taking steps to ensure this is unlikely going to happen in the future, or promoting some means of quickly and easily restoring quarantined stuff from the Windows Recovery Console. Even if he had to make an SUPERAntiSpyware product restore bootable floppy and/or CD for this purpose, better than simply ignoring what has happened and hope it doesn't happen again.

EliteKiller, Nick Skrepetos making the effort, might not be in the manner you like, but he's trying. You should be the better person and simply accept his offer or simply let this all drop, getting somewhat boring reading through all this arguing .. when this topic was suppose to be about something else.

Frank the Perv, everybody should have some sort of roll-back or back-up solution for when things go bad, but there's always people who cannot afford it, especially when they are already paying for anti systems and other security systems. And the one thing people couldn't see happening, is their paid for legit anti systems targeting critical system files and rendering their Windows non-functional.

14. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

This thread is ridiculous. Why hasn't it been closed yet? Please close it. This personal battle is irrelevant to why I started it.

15. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

There are plenty of excellent free imaging back-up utils around such as Macrium Reflekt,DriveimageXML and Seagate Diskwizard.;)

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Actually it is not all that irrelevant because it shows a real-life cross section of how a developer responds (or does not respond) to varied issues. I totally agree with Phat0m's comments about SUPERAntiSpy...

I also empathize with EliteKiller. The only reason he appears to be going on about this is because he is attempting to right what he believes are inaccuracies posted by SUPERAntiSpy as pertains to his case. I can't blame him one bit for trying to keep the record straight, and he shouldn't be tagged a "drama queen" or a child by anyone for having the balls to step forward in a forum and complain about a developer when he knows that the fanboys and the developer are going to show up and ridicule him.

I think the mods have let this thread run because it depicts what is really going on, from lots of perspectives. Without a doubt the thread appears to have gone off topic, but again, it all seems to boil down to Customer Relations, and members are judging for themselves how professional or unprofessional the developer has been.

17. thathagat

thathagat Guest

ummm......this thread is in dire need of SAS........"Sense and Sensibility..."

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

in my country moron is normal:D everybody is a moron lol:)just kidding:)

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey everyone,
    I cant belive some of you.
    the fp only affected a small number of computers running vista.
    compare that to the symantec fp that made any chinese version of windows xp unbootable due to one fp.
    I dont see why you would bad mouth a respectable company that makes great products just because of one small error.
    I will definatly continue to reccomend superantispyware to friends and family. Once i finish college and get a perminant job i will reccomend it to clients.
    I am one of the of youngest members of this fourm and from the looks of things one of the most grownup.
    I am hoping we can finish this thread on a possitive note.

20. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

you got a point and yes it is the best antimalware remover pound per pound in my opinion;)

21. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Naa, i am.

22. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The young always wish to give their elders the full benefits of their inexperience. ;)

23. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

i think none of this should have been handled on a open forum. there is "he said, she said, they said, and somehow everything gets turned around or read the wrong way.

Both of you should have handled this on a private email to each other or a phone call to settle this. We all here should not have to air our dirty laundry because too many times it gets turned around and around and just gives Everyone a bad taste.

Just my opinion.

robin

24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Robin -agreed - I was handling it in PRIVATE with the support ticket (staff) and in PM's (myself) - he decided to post it public to try to make us "look bad". I certainly won't tolerate false comments being posted about our product and/or company.

25. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No, we are not going to start to cycle through this yet again.

The most likely response to Nick's message above would be from the other party involved, restating their side of this issue, and around we'll go.

Since it has all been said above, (and it will remain visible for anyone who wants to read through it and judge the validity of each party's point of view), I'm closing this thread here.

From this point forward, all parties involved should take this issue offline from Wilders Security Forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.