Superantispyware just issued a major press release

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by robinb, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robinb

robinb Registered Member

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Strange press release. This version is already out since September 4..

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I have 3 licenses & never got notice of it , he still won't remove a FP from the definitions that tears up my game, so I have to recover those after they are deleted & I have forwarded 3 e-mails with the attached FP...I still use the product & is good software I'm just wonder if anyone is reading users imput...

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The autoupdater will alert you when there are program updates. If you are not receiving them, check to make sure the firewall is allowing both SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE and SSUPDATE.EXE access to the Internet.

What is the FP? We process all received False Positives.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  5. larryb52

I use look n stop & permissions are on & I'll have to post the dll when I get home but I emailed them twice to the samples address but they still get deleted everytime. Only annoyance is if I forget to put them back in before running my game...

6. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Larryb52

For the meantime you could always use in software function to ignore file:thumb:

Go Preferences>>>scanning control>>>manage allowed items

Just add the dll to exclusions from scanning and should be sorted:)

7. larryb52

I just excluded the folder but never been a fan of that since something could still get in there & I'm telling it to ignore an area that could really have an issue but thanks...

8. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

So why not tell it to ignore the particular dll file, rather than the whole folder?

9. larryb52

didn't have to , big tip of the hat as they got the FP fixed & everything looks great, thanks again!

10. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I'm sure we'd all like to see an actual screenshot of said popup. SAS paid & free have identical detection/removal capabilities since they share the same definition databases.

MBAM isn't 100% either. If that is all you used to clean your pc then chances are you could still have traces of other malware on your system.

That SAS entry is legit and recommended for a few reasons such as context menu capability, easy updating, and the option of scanning immediately instead of taking a risk of malware blocking the installation. SAS uses very few resources while it's in the systray and has very little impact on system performance.

11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

In addition, you can easily disable the auto-load option by un-checking the box that says "Start SAS when Windows starts".

12. cortez

cortez Registered Member

You are correct in asking for proof to back up my assertion about SAS. I did not make a screen shot of it and therefore retract the assertion. The pop up was not removed by SAS and I could have only assumed it was the culprit.

It could have been any of the 7 Trojans Malwarebytes' identified and removed.

I still use SAS on many OS partitions without any popup problems at all, so I assume it must have been a "chameleon" look-a-like malware of some sort.

EDIT: I removed the post due to unfounded statements (no screenshots to verify the statements).

13. CircleGirl

CircleGirl Registered Member

Layered approach is the answer. But-- SAS, MBAM, security suites, ect. might not do the job satisfactorily.

If you get infected then there is only one sure fire solution--- RE-IMIAGE!!!

Make sure you have DATA PARTITIONS!! If you have data partitions/image partitions re-imaging is the safest/fastest way to rest assured.

Very simple and only takes 10 to 15 minutes, much less time than trying app after app to get rid of the malware.

14. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

A an extra step, have 2 drives as if the main drive fails, all your backups are gone.....

15. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

;) or better an external harddisk which you keep offline all the time
    :p only put it online after having scanned internal disk with SAS and A2 free before backup

16. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

ALWAYS image the drive you will be trying softwares on, especially security apps, and save the "clean" image to another internal drive or even external one. That way you can reclaim your previously working system 100% intact.

This form of practice is not recommended but rather an absolute MUST!

EASTER

17. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Or burn your OS to CD ROM only or DVR write protected. :D

Dave

18. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I think it is far more important than the anti-malware programs themselves. Too much time is spent here talking about infections and to prevent same, but the reality is, nothing will stop everything.

I agree with you, I make a complete image each night before I shut off the machine, and it has never failed in the four times I have had to restore an image- twice due to drive failures and the other two because of software that trashed my system.

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm with you.

I used to procrastinate and take my chances long ago and ended up regretting it. That's why i make it point to remind members/users to PLEASE! image your drive when you know it's clean to your satisfaction AND also functioning normally as expected. Because there will come a time when that image will be needed to restore either from some new surprise attack, OR even a Windows corruption issue, which oddly enough i've suffered from ever more than some malware attack.

Windows is a relatively exciting and useful O/S but it suffers from the same problems stemming all the way back to 95, and the dll cache ans/or system restore doesn't always guarantee a sure fix. An image restore is flawless with a reliable imaging app.

EASTER

20. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I could not agree more. The irony is, the two times programs made my system unbootable were from installation of Dr. Web and AVG. So you never know when (or why) a corruption issue will surface. But, if you have an image to restore- there is no loss and you are back to where you were before the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.