Superantispyware installer error message

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Thought i might give it a spin today. No chance !

I DL and tried to install the full trial latest version, but got an installer error message o_O

I'm on 98SE which it's supposed to work on !

Any clues please ?

Thanks

StevieO

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Steve - Whatr was the exact error message? You can e-mail at nicks at superantispyware.com and I can assist you.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    http://www.superantispyware.com

3. wulfruna

wulfruna Registered Member

I cannot access the site to download. I have tried three Browsers all with the same result.
    They all say the site is currently unavailable.

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

No problem here either wulfruna.
    Could be temporarily problem with your ISP. :doubt:

6. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

Didn't either have a problem installing ;)

7. StevieO

Hi,

I tried a new DL and fresh install, same error ?

saerror10xb.png

Thanks for the new thread Bubba !

StevieO

8. wulfruna

wulfruna Registered Member

Tried the Site again today and Superantispyware downloaded and installed with no problems.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

StevieO - I didn't see your screen post yesterday, sorry about that. That looks like a corrupted download, or possible corrupted Windows installer. Our package contains the latest Windows installer so it should update yours if it was corrupted. We have not had any other complaints about the installation. I will see if I can find out any information about that error.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    http://www.superantisypware.com

10. StevieO

SUPERAntiSpy

Ok i look forward to hearing more info !

TIA

StevieO

11. StevieO

SUPERAntiSpy

Hi any news ?

Thanks

StevieO

12. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I cannot find the cause of that error and we have been unable to reproduce it - it must be something to do with the version of the Windows installer you have on your machine. E-Mail me at nicks at superantispyware.com and I will have you run a diagnostic to see what I can find out.

-Nick

13. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

14. StevieO

ellison64

Thanks for the installer info and link.

The thing is, i've installed/uninstalled maybe hundreds of Apps etc etc on this PC with NO problems doing so, 99% of the time. The 1% was due to other things, not installer related.

In post 9 Nick said that, "Our package contains the latest Windows installer so it should update yours if it was corrupted."

So i'm still trying to figure out why it didn't ?

As i havn't received a reply email from SA, or any follow ups, i think i'll leave it for now ! Plus i Know that i don't get or have any spyware on my PC, but it would have been nice to try it out.

All the best with it anyways.

StevieO

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

StevieO - I have replied to every question you have asked here - I am not sure why you are saying you did not receive a reply or follow-up. I have not received an e-mail from you regarding the diagnostic.

I indicated earlier in this thread that I would see if I could reproduce the installation issue and have not been able to, nor have we had any other issues reported to us regarding complaints. It's been less than 24 hours since I last replied to you.

I am sorry you were unable to install our software - as I have indicated, we have not had any other users not be able to install. I am not sure what is causing the installation issue on your machine.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    http://www.superantispyware.com

16. ellison64

Ive been in the same situation as you where all of a sudden an app wont install.Reinstalling or updating the 98 windows installer has fixed it.Why it would "break"(if that is indeed the problem) in the first place could be many reasons on 98.Even a bad uninstall ,or a locked pc when uninstalling can do it ,or a corrupted registry even..Updating or reinstalling the windows installer would rule the installer out being the problem in your case.There are a few manual "fixes" for windows uninstaller too.Try those first if you dont want to reinstall.Both procedures are painless though.Google fo windows uninstaller problems ,and check out the microsoft pages for the fixes.As a preliminary measure you could also check that you are using latest version.Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM and look for msiexec.exe.Right click and check the version.I believe the latest version is 2.0.2600.2.
    ellison

17. StevieO

Hi ellison

My msiexec.exe is v2.0.2600.2 and 82kb. But the InstMsiA.exe i DL as per your advice is 1.62MB, strange ? I havn't installed it as my msiexec.exe is the correct current v2.0.2600.2

Still not sure what the problem could be with SA as ALL my other installs, including very recently, have gone smoothly !

Thanks

StevieO

18. ellison64

My file is 81.5 kb (83456 bytes).I dont know if you were giving an approximate figure when you said 82kb?.Theres a possibility of registry corruption of the windows installer as well as the actual file,so its your call really.I dont why the file is 1.62 meg though.I downloaded and tried to install but it said it the specified service already exists ,which was to be expected to some degree.I wonder whther its worth you downloading and trying the free version?...see if you get the same error.All i can say is that both versions install fine on my pc which is running 98/se.The only other time (apart from a dodgy installer) that i had installing a programme was when there were files in my download directory with similar names.Installing from the desktop fixed that though.
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.