SUPERAntiSpyware Free Recommended Settings

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hamesh, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamesh

hamesh Registered Member

Does SUPERAntiSpyware Free have to load on windows start-up? Correct me if im wrong but i thought it didn't have real time shields so would it be safe to stop it from running at start-up? Also how do i stop it from deleting quarantined items after a scan?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Personally, I don't let it start on windows start, because it's just an on-demand scanner, so it's not needed.

I'm not sure, but I think that it doesn't protect your IE home page if it's not running.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Loading on startup gives you instant access to the scanning and also the right-click scanning (ability to right-click a files/folder and scan it).

All items detected are quarantined and removed from your system - we do that in case there is a false positive, as a safety feature.

4. HyperFlow

HyperFlow Registered Member

do i have the right under standing that the free also has right-click scanning o_O

5. 3xist

3xist Guest

Yes it does.

Josh

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Just uncheck the box on the menu screen to stop it from auto loading during boot up. It is just to allow you to directly access the program in fewer steps for the free version.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

You're correct that you're not losing protection by not loading it automatically, but there are advantages, such as auto-updating. There's also that cute bug icon in the tray :cool:

8. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

You can't prevent SUPERAnti Spyware to load at start up via it's menu (it's a free version restrinction). You can stop it via msconfig.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

That is incorrect - you CAN uncheck the Start with Windows option in the General and Startup tab of the SUPERAntiSpyware Preferences - it will not load at startup.

10. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The Free Edition DOES have right-click scanning - you just have to make sure SUPERAntiSpyware is running by the system clock (little "bug" icon).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.