Superantispyware blocked by ZA and Uninstall wizard is a joke !

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Philippe_FR22, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hi,
    Thanks for advices... Yes I plan to have look to AVG AS... But I have to check if that could interfere with ESET or not...

Regards

2. Cpt. Sparrow

Cpt. Sparrow Registered Member

All three of them work fine for me (nod, AVG AS, SAS). :)

3. Giwex

Giwex Registered Member

After 3 pages of discussion we are only speaking about uninstalling procedure, a problem that doesn't affect me as Superantispyware is a software I'm uninstalling only to a new version.

I'm using Threatfire with SAS free edition as well and I'm really happy about this combination.

4. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Well fine ! So why are you writting here ? ;-)
    I will add that this is the result of missunderstanding of original subject !
    Uninstalling SAS means :
    1) Initial state : PC with SAS running
    2) Final state (best whishes) : PC with SAS uninstalled (that mean completely : no remaining SAS files and folders, no SAS related to entries into windows registry...)

So Uninstalling to a new release is not the case...

You are welcome :)

Regards

5. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I currently have many systems using the combination of SAS Pro v3.9, NOD32 v2.7, ZAP v7.0.462 w/AS enabled, ThreatFire, Windows Defender and have not run into any problems so far. I specifically decided to use SAS Pro over many other anti-spyware applications since it seemed to work well in combination with those other security applications. Here are a few tips to help avoid possible conflicts (most have been posted already). Add all the security applications to the exclusion lists in each one of those same applications. All of the necessary trusted level (green check mark) access should be given to active SAS components under ZAP program control section. If you have manually configured for restrictions set under ZAP's privacy settings then make sure you allow (green check mark) necessary access to the internet sites that are required for your security applications to update or auto update. I would also recommend temporarily turning off your internet connection hardware and completely shutting down any security application (whether it is SAS, ZAP or any other one) before uninstalling it. If you re-install the application then manually update it if it does not auto update right away after re-installing it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  6. Giwex

Giwex Registered Member

I had the opportunity to uninstall SAS as I was upgrading to the new beta version. I remembered this topic and before to install the new version I went to check folders and registry to look for any garbage left. Well, I couldn't find anything with the normal tools (regedit, ccleaner, filemanager....), that doesn't mean nothing is left but definitely enough to define an uninstall wizard a joke is far away from the truth in my honest opinion.

Of course before to proceed to the uninstall I shutdown the application on the system tray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.