SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 Pre-Release - Final Has Been Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hayc59, May 18, 2014.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just installed the new version. There now a Critical Point Scan which takes about a minute to start.

Before the main scan commented which did an instant scan of unwanted programs, detected IObit Uninstaller and IObit Unlocker (which is part of IObit Uninstaller) being install on my computer. There was no option to add them to an ignore list, just the option to remove them or skip to the main scan. Selecting to remove them made SAS run the uninstaller for IObit unistaller, before doing a scan for leftover traces.

I was able to exclude them for future detections by unchecking "Scan for frequently unwanted programs," which is an option you can select before starting a scan.

2. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

I have the same impression...

I own a lifetime license, but I rarely use SAS Pro; even as an on-demand scanner.

I hope they redesign the GUI and improve their Engine,
    but I guess I'm asking for too much...

3. SUPERAntiSpyware1

SUPERAntiSpyware1 Registered Member

The SUPERDelete File Removal is definitely not needless. It is a powerful feature for anyone wishing to securely remove malware files from their machine. The context menu is changing to a fly-out so that it takes less space.

4. SUPERAntiSpyware1

If you contact support, I guarantee that they will correct your license problem. If not, please let me know and I will ensure it is taken care of.

5. SUPERAntiSpyware1

We appreciate your input on the look and feel of SAS 6. We have redesigned the GUI to be more like windows 8. But, more importantly, we tried to slim down the memory and cpu requirements that a bitmap driven UI requires.

6. SUPERAntiSpyware1

We added the ability to run the uninstallers for programs that are legitimate but may be unwanted because we know that many machines are running slowly simply because of extraneous programs being installed. We are adding the feature to ignore individual programs.

7. SUPERAntiSpyware1

Could you elaborate on the "always on top" GUI. SAS should not be running any differently than any other program. It is definitely not designed to be always on top.

8. SUPERAntiSpyware1

Please let me know what legitimate session cookies SAS detected. Our cookie scanning is designed to only detect cookies from specific URLs.

9. SUPERAntiSpyware1

I apologize for any problems you've had with your license and support. If you contact me with your registration code I will make sure all is made right.

don.fowler@support.com

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

When I was scanning, and later cleaning cookies, the SAS windows was always on top. Even if I clicked desktop, or web-broswers, etc.. So when I was typing my message, half of what I was typing was blocked by the cookie cleaning window.

11. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I have emailed you my lifetime licensing information, thank you for your assistance with this. I think it may have been a family-license or something, I would have to research on what I purchased, but I did provide the licensing information as given to me at the time of purchase. That was back when SAS was highly regarded, and virtually everyone wanted it installed. I really hope SAS can recover, and become one of those 'essentials' again.

12. SUPERAntiSpyware1

We are working hard to make SUPERAntiSpyware the best malware scanner it can be. Your input is greatly appreciated. You were sent a new registration code. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks
    Don

13. SUPERAntiSpyware1

Thanks for finding this. We are still adjusting the UI. We don't plan to have any always-on-top windows in the final release.

14. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I REALLY like this new interface.. The screenshots don't do it justice IMO.. It feels fast, efficient, and easy to use, yet the deeper settings are there. I like the ability to scan only 'recent' files, which would make longer, full scans not really needed. So for example I can set it to scan only files created/modified in the last 30 days or whatever. That's a really nice feature.

I would recommend you update your tray icon. It's old/outdated looking, and the bitmap has a subtle white outline that makes it look cheap. Something nice and modern, like a shield, or whatever would make it more professional looking.

It would be cool to see SAS come back from the dead, and become a real contender against MBAM. Especially considering MBAM seems to have dropped the ball with 2x version, which leaves room for a new contender IMO.

15. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I have pmed you.

16. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I tried the new one.. I like the interface, it's clean, and modern.

Memory use is pretty light, roughly 40mb for all processes/services.

CPU use is way down, that's a good thing. It's far far less than MBAM, and in 2 hours of monitoring hasn't required 'restraint' from lasso, whereas MBAM has been restrained 19 times, for nearly 3 minutes. So that's a very big positive for this version of SAS. Now if you guys focus on detections, you'd be good to go. I think a lot of folks are looking for a MBAM replacement after the 2x fiasco.

17. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Once they have a final of this I'd like to see a independent SAS\MBAM test of the two products.....

18. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Downloaded and installed SAS 6. Nice job. Like the new GUI.

19. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Really? That's quite an improvement. If it continues like this and the scan engine is improved I will definitely try out the final release.:) I'll be keeping an eye on this.:thumb:

20. J_L

J_L Registered Member

But it should be more optional as well, instead of bundled with right-click scan. Also, I would really like to see the right-click scan working w/o SAS running (like virtually every other product), even a service was installed in the background after all.

It did detect Google, Disqus, and a few others, but that was a year ago with the previous version. I still haven't tested this version extensively on my physical machine, but so far Google cookies don't seem to be detected anymore.

Edit: Just tried tried the latest stable and pre-release on my physical machine which is using Chrome instead of IE11, and found amongst other things:
    accounts.google.com
    account.thequestionsnetwork.org
    accounts.turbotaxonline.ca
    login.wikimedia.org
    accounts.youtube.com
    accounts.craigslist.org
    .account.live.com

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  21. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I was digging up old data, anyone remember when SAS was almost a required tool? It reminded me of the old Pest Patrol days.. Man do I miss that!

SAS has proved itself in detecting and successfully removing real malware
    SAS is top-notch malware removal, best free on demand 100% all the way.
    SAS is a great product with great support, you'll love it!

I actually like the new GUI, I like the smaller footprint, and less CPU use. Now if they can do some really good work improving detections, possibly adding a malware domain blocker, and some heuristics..

22. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Really like SAS new layout...Graphics and Colour Scheme. It's super light on my set-up...and very responsive. I've been a lifetime license holder of SAS Pro and sincerely hope it makes a Comeback. I just started using it again...and when I needed too retrieve my old license...the Customer Service at SAS We're thoroughly Professional in their demeanor, providing a Customer First Experience. Well Done! Hopefully the new product will regain it's former effectiveness. Don your to be commended for your Customer First Focus...something the industry badly needs. Sincerely...Securon

23. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I should add that I like the new layout a lot too, it is a big improvement over previous releases in my opinion.

24. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Can this SAS be installed silently with command line switches and do you still have to jump through activation hoops when reinstalling SAS after a new OS install on the same hardware?

25. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

SUPERAntiSpyware1, thank you very much for stoping by and helping out!!
    very cool

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.