SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 Pre-Release - Final Has Been Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hayc59, May 18, 2014.

1. SUPERAntiSpyware1

SUPERAntiSpyware1 Registered Member

We intend to make the right-click scan options individually selectable. Also, due to requests like yours, we will be adding the ability to right-click scan without SAS running. I'm not sure it will make it into the initial 6 release, but we have a long list of great things to add and expect to be updating the product often with new features after the 6.0 release.

Thanks you for finding these cookie detection. I have not seen this before. We will figure out how those are being detected and hopefully we can remedy the situation.
    Thanks
    Don

2. SUPERAntiSpyware1

The install the is the same. Could you elaborate on the activation issues you've had. Perhaps we can do something to alleviate the issue.

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

"install is the same" - in other words no you still cannot install SAS silently via command line switches right? Just another SAS hurdle for me. The activation hoops I'm talking about is having to tansfer your license each time you reinstall your OS which I do once a month.

4. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Hello Don this would be real cool, I have like others over at your forum have also requested this item
    hopefully you can get it in with 6.0 release ;)

5. SUPERAntiSpyware1

You can silently install SAS using these command line options:

SUPERAntiSpywarePro.exe /SILENT /REGCODE=0123456789
    Note that there are no spaces or dashes in the regcode.

There is no longer a need to transfer your license. Our system will automatically do it for you. I hope this helps.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I think I heard that before, but hopefully it will be fixed sooner than later. Just a minor inconvenience.

Yeah, they were being detected as Adware.Tracking Cookies for whatever reason, even after being deleted and recreated if I remember correctly. I'm using Chrome under Windows 7.

After extensive testing in IE 11 under Windows Server 2012 R2, I replicated some of the results:
    accounts.google.com (maybe the difference this time is 2-factor authentication?)
    www.linuxquestions.org

7. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Will this pre-release "turn into" the stable version when it's deployed, or will we have to uninstall/reinstall?

8. SUPERAntiSpyware1

When released, the product will automatically update to version 6.

9. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Awesome! I like the direction your team is heading in and look forward to the final release. It has been running without issue on my W7 x64 SP1 machine under Time Freeze.

10. SUPERAntiSpyware1

The cookies you listed should no longer be detected after our next rule update. I was unaware of these detections and apologize it took so long to fix. Let me know if you have any other problems or suggestions.

11. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I'm liking this new level of support from SAS!

After they 'lost' my license in their system, and blew me off. It's refreshing to get that rectified, and to see them responding to other issues. I would love to see the detections increase, along with this newfound support. I looked up some old tests, and SAS was almost always in the top 3 of detections, and only sometimes was behind MBAM. There was a pretty remarkable tug of war between them, and MBAM came out on top. But with 2x MBAM not living up to expectations, and this new, positive version from SAS - here's hoping SAS can pick things up.

Do you guys have plans to work on detections, possibly implement new technologies, or a cloud based system?

12. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

v6 preview has a bug. It crashes during uninstall. I verified this on several machines. Here is the error dump;

Attached Files:

13. SUPERAntiSpyware1

Thank you for finding this. We were able to reproduce and fix the problem.

14. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Can I specify a target directory along with /SILENT ?

15. SUPERAntiSpyware1

Yep..
    /FOLDER="C:\CustomFolder" (quotes must be there)
    and /CURRENTUSER or /ALLUSERS if you want to specify who gets the shortcuts

16. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Thank you Sir, I tried to get this information (unattended install) previously from support and I was told that I could not do the install this way with command line switches. That and IMHO overprotective licensing scheme were the main reasons I stopped using SAS.

17. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

if they improve the detection rate I may start using it again. it would be real hard to achieve the detection rate it once had. I am sure that's alot of tedious work researching and investigating malware.

18. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Regarding the right click context scan...ive noticed that if i right click any shortcut on my desktop (windows 7 32bit),the "scan with superantispyware" doesnt show.But if i copy the shortcut and put it in my documents for example ,the "scan with superantispyware" shows. on the shortcuts.Is that normal behaviour or a bug?.

19. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

SUPERAntiSpyware Pre-Release V6.0. Build 1032

Heya guys!
    We have updated the pre-release download with a new build today! Inside System Tools is a preview of our primary snazzy new feature for version 6, System Investigator :cool:
    Yes, it's a preview; but we wanted to get it into the hands of our testers to get your feedback on it. It's intended for somewhat tech-savvy users, though we've done our best to present the information in a way that anyone could use it.

What does it do?
    It shows you files of interest on your system located in key areas (most common infection points). Running programs, installed programs, browser plugins, programs with shortcuts on your desktop, start menu, etc; programs in the registry, temp folders, internet cache folders, document folders, well, you get the idea. If it's running or configured to run (automatically), it should be in that list... if it's not, we want to hear from you!
    Everything found on your system will be checked against our whitelist database of millions of files and trusted software publishers to determine what's good and it gets moved to it's own category so you can safely ignore those.
    Items that aren't in our whitelist ("Unknown Items") are able to be voted on by our users. Voting will move the item into a different list to narrow down your real list of "Unknowns", and will also help our malware researchers add items to our whitelist or identify potential threats or unwanted programs. Everyone sees vote counters for unknown items to help identify good/bad files. You can leave a comment/note when you vote and you can view the comments from other users on the file details.

SAS Pro Feature: See changes to the files in these key areas within a selected time period. If something has messed with a program, or added itself, you'll see right away!

Why is this in SUPERAntiSpyware?
    We have a dedicated team of developers and malware researchers (and users!) who feverishly hunt down malware and improve our scanner every day... But there's just no possible way that any scanner can find everything all the time. I kid you not, we get over 150,000 unique malware samples every day. We fill up a 6 TB RAID every month.
    We use a whole bunch of custom tools to organize, triage, identify and create definitions for malware.... So we thought - if we could give SAS users access to some of the technology we use for malware research; there'd be another way we could help folks clean their machines if a scan didn't do it automatically.. Plus, we're users too! We use SAS to clean the PCs of our friends and families, and how cool would it be to be able to tap into the resources we have at work when we're at a friend's house?

What's missing in the preview?
    The whitelist and voting database is not the live data. Expect many, many more results to be automatically moved into your "Known Good" lists when we're out of beta. Though feel free to vote on things, the data won't be lost.
    We disabled removal/uninstall options for now as we're still implementing things like quarantine integration.
    Online viewable reporting isn't implemented on our website yet. This feature will let you create a unique URL for each run of the System Investigator that will mimic the results on a webpage on our server. Only you will know the URL so you can choose to keep it to yourself or share it with others. You could use it to get help from a friend or a tech help forum or to view your results from another location (more on that below).

SAS Pro Feature: Run System Investigator on a schedule to capture incremental changes to your system (the more often you run it, the more accurate file changes/additions/removals can be detected). Each time you run the System Investigator it creates a "point in time" snapshot of the items on your system; great for knowing exactly when something changed.

SAS Pro Feature: E-mail alerts. We think this'll be a very powerful feature and a big "thank you" to our SAS Pro customers. With it, you can set up scheduled System Investigator tasks to e-mail you the online-viewable report URL so you can remotely monitor a PC. Set up SAS Pro on your Mom's or child's computer and get a daily or weekly report of all the changes to the system. This could also be used for smaller offices where the IT guy can make sure employees aren't messing up their workstation. E-mail alerts will also be available to send the scan log of regular scheduled scanning as well!

I hope you guys enjoy this new stuff, and let us know what you think!
    tldr: check out System Investigator under System Tools, it's awesome!
    - Dave

Download
    http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/7758-superantispyware-60-pre-release-download/

20. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Running fine here on my W7 x64 machine. I like the system investigator and where you're heading.

21. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have just updated over the top of the previous pre-release v6.0.1020, and at the end it advised that their was new software was available. Huh?

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_59.gif

22. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have noticed changes since v6.0.1020 pre-release version. ;)

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_70.gif

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_71.gif

23. sas_dave

sas_dave Registered Member

If you click the "Update now" button, it should itemize the file(s) it thinks are outdated or missing (you can cancel the update before it does anything). Could you see what the updater thinks is outdated?

24. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Yes I like the disable the 'Kernal file and reg' section

25. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just initiated a default System Investigator scan...

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_72.gif ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_73.gif

ScreenShot_SAS_install_v.6.0.1032_prerelease_74.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.