SUPERAntiSpyware 3.3 Pre-Release

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SUPERAntiSpy, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

SUPERAntiSpyware 3.3 Pre-Release is now available for testing. The primary focus of this release is internal technology to improve scanning time and detection/removal capabilities. All items suggested by our users are on our "wish list" and will not be forgotten.

Interface and Functionality Changes

* Option to play sound when spyware found retains proper state (checked/unchecked)
    * Option to not save scan logs if no infection was found
    * Option to view the scan log directly from the detection screen
    * Total scan time added to scan log
    * Product version added to scan log
    * False positives reports now require e-mail address and description of issue

Technology Changes

* Scan time is now 30% - 40% FASTER in all scanning modes
    * Rootkit detection and removal ability has been drastically increased
    * Reboot not required if only cookies are detected during the scan
    * Real-Time (Professional Only) and In-Memory Scans allow unlimited size to cache large installers and items that unpack to large memory images
    * Resolved issue in SASSEH.DLL where the COMODO Firewall would send inordinately long strings and crash most Shell Execute Hooks
    * Detected items verified to make sure they are not part of the core/original Windows installation - this ensures that no system/core components can be removed should a false-positve happen, or a malware application tries to rename/spoof items inorder to "trick" the scanner into removing a critical component (we have observed this). This feature works on Windows 2000 and above only. i.e. not on Win98/ME
    * Shortcuts now use standard shortcuts instead of Windows Intaller self-healing shortcuts to allow running when the Windows Installer Service (safe-mode) is not running – repair shortcut added to programs menu to repair the installation should it become corrupt – this applies to new installations only
    * Additional Safe Mode scanning enhancements

I will be updating the SUPERAntiSpyware Pre-Release topic with any changes. Please let me know any issues you experience with this release.

Important : If you would like to try the pre-release, please register on our forums (http://forums.superantispyware.com) and then PM me on our forums with your request and, if approved, I will send you the download link. You MUST uninstall any previous version before installing this version.

The pre-release will be limited to 1000 or so users. Please remember this is a pre-release - so I would not suggest running this on production or client systems as there may be new versions and require full uninstallation and re-installtion as we progress through the pre-release cycle.

Please keep the discussions for this pre-release on the SUPERAntiSpyware forums only so we can track and address any issues promptly.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    http://www.superantispyware.com

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

sweeeet i can't wait for the final free version

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I am very pleased to hear this wonderful news. Not just the new release, but also(most importantly) your attitude handling this app; Nick says all items suggested by users ARE on his wish list AND will not be forgotten. I just could not believe what I saw. Since when has HI-TECH app been handled like a consumer product? Yours is probably among the first one if not THE first one to do so. As a user I am very grateful that you(vendor) do listen to us, and we,users, do have a good ears at your site. Thanks.

4. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

It is good to hear about the ongoing development efforts since 3.2 a few months ago. I am glad that I had bought a life-time license of it.

Thanks.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sounds really good Nick and cant wait for the full release version to come out.

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Excellent support service. I got my download link with 1 minute after PMing Nick. :eek: Keep it up!!! :D

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I still have the version 3.2.1026 on my PC. I guess I better get the new update when it becomes available.

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If you are running 3.2.1026, the 3.2.1028 has been out for a few months :) You may wish to right-click "Check for Updates..." and download the new updates.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

9. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

OK, thanks.:)

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Until now is working well here...

Nice work, Nick :p

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It scans a lot faster, that is for sure. Good work Nick.

12. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

when is this due out?

13. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

When all bugs are ironed out and when it is ready. :p

14. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It has been in internal testing for some time, and so far all of our pre-release testers have not had any major issues that would prevent release - so it should be out "soon" :)

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

15. btman

btman Registered Member

Can we get some pics?

16. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

17. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

will super ad blocker's scanner also be updated with these "under the hood" enhancements?

18. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Yes - it will be updated after the final SUPERAntiSpyware 3.3 release ships.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Mike, any improvement in the GUI especially the desktop icon.
    Really the desktop icon looks rather cheep. Sorry for that but it,s my feeling.

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The GUI is the same - I am sorry you don't like the icon - we have not had any complaints - we put our energy into improving the detection and removal on this build.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com

21. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Sorry but I have to agree. The icon does look kinda cheapish. I love the product but how about a little less junky looking icon? It's a minor request and while you might not have complaints, it would look nicer.

22. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I have to agree about the icon as well it does look cheap.

what about a contest to see who can make the best icon design? lol

what about a icon that says SAS?

23. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

I like the little "bug" icon of SAS and I look forward to more improvements in its engine too.

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The bug is an identifier for the product, and should be kept. Nick has done a great job and the new beta product is a big step forward.

25. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I guess I must be some different. I don't care what the icon looks like, as long as it is there and I can tell the status.

Best,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.