'Super' Malware. Is NOD effective against such?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bilby, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bilby

Bilby Guest

2. DanL

DanL Registered Member

This is something that DiamondCS Process Guard will stop.
    I use NOD32 and I'm quite happy with it, but I don't think any AV product stops that type of threat.

Dan

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

root kits are nothing new to the *nix world - if you secure your machine, you can prevent the root kit infiltration - if your underlying operating system has more holes than a swiss cheese, you're potentially in trouble...

If the lessons learned in the *nix world are applied to the 'doze platform, we might have half a chance of locking out the blighters - firewalls up is the first line of defense...

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it might not be the same, as I think they are distributing the source of hacker defender, not a compiled binary - but on visiting both the source web site and it's mirror, attempting to access the .rar files purporting to contain the hacker defender files and also it's associated downloads yielded a red NOD32 terminate/quarantine option box - ie, NOD32 found "Multiple infiltrations" in the .rar files I was attempting to download.

Either it means that the files were trojans in their own rights pretending to be the hacker defender sources, or the folks at Eset are well on top of this game at the moment.

hth

GHL

5. Bilby

Bilby Guest

I tried to download the zipped exe to a virtual space and IMON caught it immediately. Like you said, I'm not sure if it was what the file contained or if it was an attempted direct infiltration.

Thanks for the responses.

-Bilby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.