Super Hi-Vision 8K TV standard approved by UN agency

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

But.......
    Full story on BBC.com

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

What for?
    Mrk

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

....to please the eyes with. Personally I love resolution, but we're not at 4K yet :cool:

On a side note....
    I read a Digitimes article (it now demands login to be accessed unfortunately)
    Anyway, it said that Sharp and Foxconn (Foxconn bought shares in Sharp a while ago so they are working together on this particular panel) were working on a panel to be used in TV's that was going to have 4K Res, but the price tag was only going to be set at around 1000$ :eek:

True or not...let's see in the future *puppy*

Though why the negative tone? :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  4. Mrkvonic

Not a negative tone, but at 3 m distance, your eye cannot perceive the difference between 1080p or twice that. Makes sense for large outdoor screens, but for home usage, just hype.
    Mrk

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Sure, but you can always move around the furniture a little to increase the 3 M.....:) Or kick in a wall :p

Well I know what you mean, but it would still feel cool to have a TV with a 4K panel. And who knows maybe it will get useful for other things than traditional TV watching.

I mean the next generation Gaming Consoles plus a 4K TV......It surely must open new doors in this area. :D

6. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i dont know anyone who watches TV in their lounge at 3m or less. its around >7m for my friends and family.

7. Mrkvonic

Let's brag who has the bigger TV/living room :)
    Mrk

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Not a single channel is HD here and there are only a couple in paid cable TV. :rolleyes:

9. treehouse786

lets make a nonsensical post when i shot down your idiotic generalization :)

10. Mrkvonic

You didn't shoot anything down. You used your personal example as a generalization, which is perfectly normal.
    Mrk

11. treehouse786

please look up what the word 'generalization' means as i have not generalized in this thread.

that is generalizing. if you added "except people who sit far away from big screen TV's" then you would not have been generalizing.

12. Mrkvonic

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  13. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

If I had the choice between getting that TV for free and paying for a laptop with dual slide out 2560 * 1440 screens, Id take the laptop. That would make for one hell of a mobile workstation.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I prefer a nice projector instead of a big TV. :D

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Though keep in mind that this resolution is well above todays standard HD resolution or 1080P. So when ever the Broadcasters will be able to to broadcast channels in 8K Resolution is the big question I think. :D

And it will most likely happen via Satellites at first, but I don't know if any of the satellites that are in use today (in any parts of the world) will be able to handle the capacity that it will require.

16. treehouse786

that was tested at 1080p resolution. the numbers change at other resolutions. which is why you sit much closer to the screen in the cinema (screen size to distance relation). optimum distance is unrelated to loss of detail.

check out this link to see how 4k systems would provide a visible difference over 1080p over certain distances.

the way i see it, to buy a 4k screen of any type will cost alot of money and people with alot of money tend to have bigger rooms then the average person

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.