Super Anti Spyware Free Ed. problems???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Wills, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

i installed the free Super Anti Spyware a few days ago and as well did my other colleagues at work and we all have had major problems with it. Slow boot time and problems with the notebooks not shutting down properly.
    The software techie couldn't figure out if it was fighting with NAV or Any Dvd which we all have on our notebooks.

Once we removed SAS Free and continued to use our Hi Speed connection with SMC Barricade Router, Alpha Shield, NAV, Spybot, spyware blaster, adaware, and trojan hunter our notebooks were booting and shutting down normally.

We use Advance System Optimizer for our Reg Clean which we did after the uninstall and then did a Perfect Disk Defrag. The notebooks are back to humming along again (toshiba M50-MX5).

We really liked what was described about the program, however it seemed to be incompatible with something.
    We all use Any DVD at home for our backups and the software techie tried to figure out which program was causing the possible conflict problem, but decided to simply take it off the notebooks as he wondered if it was b/c Norton is running in the background as wello_O
    Anyway I thought that I would post here for comments, thankyou for your time.

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Please submit a support request here and we can assist you:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

The Free Edition (3.7) does not have the First Chance Scanning, so it can't slow down the system start, restart or shutdown. I am curious as to the "major problems" - we would be happy to assist you to find out exactly what was going on.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i woudl just like to say that i once tryed anydvd on my desktop when i had f-secure installed and it took ages and ages to bootup until i uninstalled anydvd then the startup time was back to normal.
    so it could be a conflict with anydvd.
    since i had that problem i didnt trust anydvd because the long start time felt like it was some kind of spyware.
    since its described as a background driver how do i know its safe.
    i thought mainly anydvd was for getting around copy protected discs
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.