Sunbelt PF 4.5 ruleset question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by n8chavez, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I just bought a license for Sunbelt's PF. I really like it, especially because it was $10. I am having a problem finding a propper rulest for it. I tried using this one, but for some reason the conversion didn't worked as it was supposed to. Any ideas? Or maybe you have a tight rulset for 4.x you'd like to share.

Thanks

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I don't recall ever seeing any rule sets specifically for kerio 4.xx in the past few years.. You can start with BZ's rule set for Kerio 2 and then modify it to suit your needs in Kerio 4.xx. I'd use BZ's as a learning tool and customize it as needed. Be aware though, that Kerio 4 logging is mediocre at best, and the way they did it, you can't even get some rules to log properly, believe it or not. Kerio 4 logging was kinda slapped in there almost as an afterthought, I remember many people complaining about it at the time.

Anyway, you're pretty much on your own with Kerio 4. Just start with the basics per BZ rule set, and add what you need after that.

Or better yet, skip the rules and just run Kerio out of the box with it's standard setup and protection and it's built-in rules. It's much easier that way and probably just as good for most needs..

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Guys:

There is quite a bit of information on Kerio rules in the learning thread you could browse through as time permits.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=182158

FWIW, I agree the easiest and best is to run it out of the box creating rules as you go and accept and reject. Then go back in a few weeks and tighten them up as best you can using BZ and the learning thread as guides.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.