Sunbelt(Kerio) 4.6.1845

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by act8192, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Anyone using it?
    Are there any forums? Anywhere? Newer than 2005 or 2006?

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

3. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I have a license for sunbelt firewall. I really like the interface and it is very light on resources. It is also very easy to understand. Not to any popups. But in many of the test that are linked to via this forum they score is very low. So i dont use it for that reason.

4. Hybride_F1

Hybride_F1 Registered Member

I use the full version on a vista 32bit and honestly i am very pleased with it (was using outpost 2009 pro befor). It runs very light, has no problems with heavy traffic (p2p), has good logging, brings a strong hips, is troublefree and is updated regularly. It is not the best firewall regarding outbound, but it does its job. With Antivir pro, Dr.Web and Admuncher i never had any conflicts. In my opinion it is worth a try, since Sunbelt took the things in hand. Btw the newest version is 4.6.1861 (beta?)
    Hybride_F1

5. act8192

Thanks all.
    It seems like a very nice firewall. But other than their excellent user guide, there really is very little information :(

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Well, it's pretty self-explanatory, and also fairly configurable as well. You can enable/disable whichever features you like. You can use the built-in rules, or make your own. Out of the box, it's pretty much fine, there isn't a lot you need to do. I'd look at their forum and post there, or here, for any specific questions...

7. act8192

Thanks Kerodo.
    It appears that their built in rules aren't very tight, for instance DNS to any old servers and I suppose any applications. Ditto DHCP, VPN, broadcast and others. But yes, can override all that by rules.

Some of the GUI features are goofy, but I like it overall, and as I said in the original post - just looking for cool tips and things, such as Kerio 2.1.5 experts provided here and at Broadband DSL site.

Their "internal" rules bother me some, just a little bit, call home to check license (trial, temp license), whether updates enabled or not, and I can't figure out local proxy handling when Eset NOD v3 goes through port 30606, what does Sunbelt do, what is the sequence of events. I got NOD blocked from applications other than those in rules, but I just don't know what Sunbelt does, if anything.

I did look at some sort of a forum (gethappy, or whatever) not much there really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.