suites plus prevx1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by C.S.J, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hey ppl,

is prevx1 needed when using a security suite, im just curious because ive never tried the program and just wondered if it is needed.

if it is needed, can someone please tell me why, and i will look into it. :)

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

its depends if the suite has its own HIPS and if u want that functionality.

also, Prevx1 is a community IPS. under ABC mode, it makes most decisions without user interaction.

some people choose to use both CIPS (like prevx1) and regular HIPS (like SSM).

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I´ve been running Prevx1 along with a couple of security suites. I am not sure what you mean with security suites, but if they have HIPS functionality I would say no, you don't need Prevx1 along with that kind of security suite. The point with Prevx1 is that you let the Prevx1 community make the decisions for you.
    If you´re into having all the control of what programs are allowed to do or not, then Prevx1 is not for you. There is simply no point imo in mixing them since using Prevx1 means that you let go of some of the control. You would just be doing double work with a security suite. If you don't trust the community you better stick to security suites.

But Prevx1 is a good complement to a regular AV and Firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.