Suggestions for safe, effective Proxy servers

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by phkhgh, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phkhgh

phkhgh Registered Member

Hi,

I'm in a serious jamb!
    Looking for good suggestions for an anonymous proxy to use (hopefully w/ Firefox 2.x). Free would be OK, but I won't use it all that often. I've only read a little about TOR - that's about it. I've read some aren't really that anonymous.

Need to get this up & running FAST.
    Completely new to proxy for anonymity, but have a general concept of how they work (gets complicated). The simpler but effective, the better for me. I'm not trying to outfox the FBI here!

I use Firefox mostly. Only plan on using the proxy occassionally, so speed is not too important.

My purpose is not anything illegal - but because of a "cheater" (hint: it's not me). I think cheater may be trying to have a "pro" - even from the legal profession - trying to monitor / find out what it is I'm trying to find out about cheater, so they can get an upper hand in court - if it comes to that.

IMPORTANT: Also, I wanted to set up a different (anonymous) email acct on yahoo, gmail, hotmail, whatever -- to correspond w/ legal aid, or just receive "tips" from friends on cheater's actions. I don't want that acct to be traceable to me, so all those emails can't be subpoenaed if it gets requested through legal discovery.

Maybe there's a way to do that w/ the "untraceable" email acct even if I don't use a proxy? (I STILL need the proxy though). Will I still need the proxy to keep my ISP from having records that I was using my "secret" email accto_O

Thanks & my kids will thank you.

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Contact me offlist. I'll help you.

steve period topletz at xerobank dot cee oh m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.