Suggest bbcode addition & Copy and Paste

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Searching_ _ _, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I would like to see whisper added as a bbcode for this forum.
    Since you are limited from posting malware links, it could be used to post a link for a malware researcher specifically, but would be available to admins as well.
    Just a thought.

Also, Copy & Paste has issues, not sure why. I tried to copy & paste a url into a reply and the clipboard functions were not present on pasting, had to CTRL+V.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I never quite liked that the idea of the imbedding of private communications in public posts. That's really the purpose of the PM system. A whisper being used to target one or a few people will just lead others to wonder what is being whispered about, and make people suspicious or overly curious. While it's an interesting code, I really don't think its needed here with a working PM system available, especially for malware links and such. Public posts are meant to be fully public posts.

As for the copy/paste issue. I'm not sure what you mean by the clipboard functions not working but CTRL+V being okay. I can only suggest trying different browsers to test the capability. If some work but one or some don't, look to the browser in question and its various settings.

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I see your point about [whisper] and PMs.

C&P, wasn't sure if it was browser specific issue. Some forums it works and some it doesn't. Using NS7. Maybe I'll fireup IE and see if it continues, or DL FF3 now that it's available.

Thanks LWM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.