Sufficient Privileges??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by n1knightmare, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n1knightmare

n1knightmare Registered Member

I am trying to upload NOD32 and i keep getting this message
    Service "eset Service' (ekrn) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. How do i get sufficient privileges? Thanks for any help

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What do you mean by "upload NOD32"? Did you mean upgrade NOD32 to the latest version?

First of all, I'd suggest booting from a clean media and carrying out a full system scan to make sure there's no malware that would prevent installation of EAV.

3. n1knightmare

n1knightmare Registered Member

I will let you know what happened. I have Nortin Anti-virus 360 and ended up getting a Trojan. I then researched and found that NOD32 antivirus was the best so i am trying to switch to this. I have taken care of the Trojans with Volcano security suite. I think this was the program that installed the virus's in the first place but i do not know. So i tried installing NOD32 anti virus and got that message in my previous post. I dont know if i have to give permissions in my User control panel or not. Thanks for the reply and i hope you can help out.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just bear in mind that there's no AV solution that detects 100% of malware. What one misses may be detected by others and vice-versa. If order to prevent infection, it's crucial to adhere to security precautions, such as keeping the OS and security software up to date, using strong passwords for sharing, performing standard operations in the account of a standard user and elevate rights only when needed, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.