suffering from fried head

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by fried head, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fried head

fried head Registered Member

hi all
    as title suggests i am suffering from fried head syndrome after a total system collapse. the desktop i hasten to add not me physically.
    anyway finally almost there and decided to re install nod 32 home
    well all gos well until i try to scan and the it tells me it cant get past the firewall config.
    i aint no puter genious but i opened up the firewall and flagged it to let eset in
    still no good
    have deleted all old copies of eset in windows old etc
    and rebooted several times and tried a clean eset install several times
    hence fried head syndrome
    please help you can only fry your head so long before it starts to look like something a tribe in darkest africa would dangle from a jou jou stick
    thanks in anticipation

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what firewall are you using?

3. fried head

hi
    windows in vista

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. fried head

trying to scan c drive initially

message says failed to read firewall configuration

will not let me open and action nod32 removal tool

working with nod 32 home
    all problems started when system failed and had serious issues getting even a boot

obtained boot disc from "spotmau" got vista started but it is booting from hard disc not boot file, also, whilst diags say all is well boot menu says vitual floppy not present and dual sata drive not present although both are enabled

deciding now if head frying is a good option, considering boiling instead, if that fails i will watch the football to destroy any remnants of brain cells and in the final analysis i might have to sit and listen to the missus (hope cudni not female and monitoring this conversation? if that the case this message will self destruct just before the missus kils me!)

cheers
    a broken man

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

can you boot Vista in Safe Mode?
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03
    if yes can you check event viewer logs for errors (click Start/Run/type eventvwr?)

maybe also run chkdsk. If all too much certainly watch footy and maybe take the comp to a computer shop at some stage

7. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I *think* I've seen something similar before on a friends laptop. He has Windows Vista Home Basic on there and had NOD32 V3. He then tried NOD32 V4 but couldn't get it to install and run. I'm pretty sure one of the messages it came up with was the same as yours.

We never did crack what was wrong with NOD32 V4. I tried going back to V3 and that seemed to work so we left it at that.

I've not seen a similar problem since, V4.2 works okay on my Vista Home Premium, but I don't know anyone else with Home Basic. I guess it could be some issue with access rights, but as I said, V3 worked so we didn't pursue it further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.