Suf60runtime?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by notageek, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manoj

Manoj Guest

Hi Jim,

I am a developer. I am using setupfactory to create an installer for my application. Its an application for pocket Pc. The installer is created perfectly. its installes the product in my pocket pc. But when my friend downloaded from my site, the same installer throws a SUF60RUNTIME titled dialog box, stating send this error to Microsoft or deont send....
    Can u tell me what this problem is...i am not able to figure it out....
    Thanks

2. ezpcwizard

ezpcwizard Guest

i too got this . it tryied to access 216.148.227.68:53 it must be spyware or something! this seems to be my nameserver at attbi.com

3. Huck Hickson

Huck Hickson Guest

We are using SMS to do software audits and it identifys the file as Setup Factory 6.0 by Indigo Rose. Appears to be a tool to prepare software for installation.

4. zeroiq

zeroiq Guest

Hi gang,

I just ran into this when istalling Kosun Pocket. A game I just bought. Has anyone found a diffinitive answer to this yet? Is this malware or spyware?

5. zeroiq

zeroiq Guest

That is supposed to read Korsun Pocket. ooops

6. Willybeetoo

Willybeetoo Registered Member

Suf-60 Runtime,,,, I got mine, when I tried to uninstall SPYKILLER..
    Talk about a TROJAN VIRUS... I did not buy it,, so it has been trying to take over my machine... There are folders and files that I can't remove from REGEDIT, that have SPYKILLER in them... I just did a SYSTEM RESTORE,
    that got rid of the WHITE DIAGONAL line on my screen... AND SPYKILLER is trying to reinstall it'self... The System Restore was to a point before SPYKILLER CAME TO VISIT..... help...

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

8. Willybeetoo

Willybeetoo Registered Member

WOW,, and thanx Snowbound...
    I have AD-Aware,, it don't catch SPYKILLER
    I Have ZONE ALARM PRO,,, no help there
    I have Norton's system utilities,,, but I haven't used it for anything but default Anti Virus....

Will try Reghance now,,,pray for me,, :eek:

The last time I did a Microshaft update ,, it cost me $500 to get my system back to where I could use it....Could that have been because MS did not want me to use WIN ME anymoreo_O? I now have XP,, and am trying to get into dos to delete SPYKILLER FILES and FOLDERS,,, sofar no luck..

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP.... willybeetoo

9. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

10. ChicksHateMe

ChicksHateMe Registered Member

How Smart could the software be?

I was trying to get rid of files > 600K on my system that are useless so I can free some space. I found suf60runtime and wondered what it was for. so I researched and ended up here. I didn't delete it, but after reading that it isn't anything I want on my system I tried to go to the window I saw it in to delete it, and it wasn't anywhere to be found. It wasn't in my recycle bin either. Now I am really confused. I think I'm losing it.

Can spyware be so good that it knows when it's being searched on so that it renames itself, or hides, or removes itself? I feel like I am dealing with "The Usual Suspects". The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

11. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

in a word yes they can, and this is common for the more sophisticated spyware. that is why cleaning in safe mode is very very important after a hit by trojan, virus, ...

12. Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose Guest

I am writing this is a representative of Indigo Rose Software. We make an extremely popular software installer maker product called Setup Factory. It is used by thousands of software companies to make their setup.exe file. It is similar in scope of use to other products such as Installshield and Wise Installer.

The "SUF60Runtime" application (and "irsetup.exe") files comprise the main installation engine of installers created with Setup Factory 6.0. These files by themselves are definitely not spyware, trojans or viruses. Seeing them on your system is not a cause for concern - in fact they only appear when you run a setup.exe application created with Setup Factory 6.0.

The issue of firewall software like ZoneAlarm popping up an alert is related to the fact the some early versions of the Setup Factory 6.0 Runtime would attempt to initialize certain internal variables regarding your computer name etc, causing certain firewall software to flag these as DNS accesses etc. No information is being transmitted or retrieved at startup - simply initialization of internal data to perform the installation.

The important thing to note here is that like any setup.exe you will ever run, is that you need to know what you are installing, where it came from and who made it. Since installers are designed to do many things to a system in order for an application to work, it is very important that you trust the maker of the application itself. While Setup Factory 6.0 isn't a spyware product, the application you end up installing could possibly be. It's no different than products installed with Installshield, Wise, InstallAnywhere or whatever toolkit the software developer used to create their setup.

More information on Setup Factory (v6.0 has been replaced by v7.0) is available at http://www.setupfactory.com or on the Indigo Rose website at http://www.indigorose.com. We also maintain a user forum at http://www.indigorose.com/forums if you wish to ask any further questions.

Sincerely,

Ted Sullivan
    Indigo Rose Corporation
    http://www.indigorose.com

13. Halbert

Halbert Guest

Re: Suf60runtime

The program irsetup.exe loads as part of the startup program for the Lexar Multi-Card Read that reads digital camera cards.

14. DanKSmith

DanKSmith Guest

I have had PopUpBlocker installed for years. It was always listed as running in the background on the Windows Task Manager screen.

I use AOL and AOL recently added it's own Pop Up Blocking software which I intended to install but wanted to remove the old PopUpBlocker program first. Aside from possible problems of having two programs trying to do the same thing, the original PopUpBlocker was installed at boot, used RAM, and consumed memory at all times - even when I was NOT on-line. The AOL blocker would load only when I started AOL and free up system memory, so it seemed a good thing to do.

In Control Panel, I went to remove programs and clicked on PopUpBlocker. Zonealarm immediately alerted me to Suf60runtime trying to access the internet.

I denied access, continued with the uninstall, loaded AOL and was informed that AOL's popupblocker was now running. So all is well with me.

I have never been alerted to Suf60runtime ever running previously. Attempting to remove PopUpBlocker triggered it for me. I thought this info being posted might help you guys with higher comperter skills than me.

15. pmpmac

pmpmac Guest

i downloaded this this THING after typed in `riddick`in shareaza as i was after a crack and this suf60runtime file was what i got after clicking on the description which read `cronicals of riddick escape from butchers bay-no0 cd crack` so its obvious this is something down and dirty, best to stay away

16. NM Designs

NM Designs Guest

greetings everyone ,, first time here and amazingy started browsing for this warning initiated by Zone alarm and i see that this Suf60 runtime dates back to 2003 .. so i guess its an oldtimer program acess ,, i just install tune xp
    and denied acess to this suf60. and it seems to work fine therefore i dont think it was needed to install and i assume its spyware ( from all the concerns read throughout this forum ..

i am always curious to learn about internet security .. and one program that has me really helped out fine so far its of course zoone alarm

i had spysweeper also but ( never got around to a decent crack .. ) and not in a mood to pay or it so.. its a goner ..

one thing that has always worked fine .. ( its me that go crazy without need) its REGrun .. basically warns about attemps to change registry items
    and when its well managed ( its not the case). it does an excelent job

so far in tihis couple of years of browsing never got any mahor problem with my PC

thanks for the input on this

Nuno - Portugal

17. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ MikeBCda

You might want to follow a more recent thread concerning this same Favoriteman\Adaware definitions update.

Also....I have taken the liberty to merge your post into that ongoing thread.

Merged to this thread---> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=95718

We'll close this thread since it is rather outdated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.