Submitting virus samples to Eset

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Hollowstriker, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

Recently I saw this page from a local reseller and was wondering if they forward the samples that they receive to ESET HQ:

http://samples.nod32.com.sg/

Does the global ESET have a submission page like this? Or the only official way is by sending to samples@eset.com? (For those using webmail services like Gmail, it is quite impossible to send executables as attachments, even when ZIP-ed and password protected, so such a page could be quite handy.)

Also, if a new virus sample has been uploaded to Virustotal that is not currently detected by ESET, but detected by many other engines, is it safe to assume that ESET will get the samples and analyze them or does ESET wait until someone submits the virus sample to them directly?

2. dorgane

dorgane Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
  3. danieln

danieln Eset Staff

4. rothko

rothko Registered Member

I tend to use the 'Submit file for analysis' option within the Tools section of the program itself, you can also add a comment about what it is you are submitting too.

I find this way quicker than zipping up the sample and composing an email.

I haven't ever received a reply back regarding the submission (although there is an option to inc your email address), but that isn't important to me anyway.

Attached Files:

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd strongly suggest submitting suspicious files per the instructions here. A huge majority of files submitted via gui is nothing but junk.

6. rothko

rothko Registered Member

Oh right, OK. I've sent quite a few files using the inbuilt method, but I'll send via email from now on.

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

@ Marcos
    I submit files for analysis directly to ESET from quarantine using a default email address added to the ThreatSense feature all the time.

If a given user is infected with malware, et alia, that EAV or ESS does not detect, what other options are there in an infected by unknown scenario ?

If presented with a locked screen what do you want to do next, this is one of the few options available. Unless you enable strict cleaning without user intervention.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.