submitting virus for analysis does not work?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jeroen1000, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeroen1000

Jeroen1000 Registered Member

Nothing seems to happen after filling in my email and clicking submit. I'm not getting a confirmation dialogue nor can I find a log entry stating something has been submitted.

I also notice no ethernet activity after hitting submit.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have TS.Net configured to submit files during update or ASAP?

4. Jeroen1000

Well now 1 file is "pending for being submitted" and the option to "Submit directly to Eset" is also checked. When I then click "Submit now" I get this message I cannot fully remember. It was something along the lines that .... "is now activated"? At any rate file I want to submit remains in the pending queue and doesn't get submitted at all.

I know I can email it but I want to make use of this more convenient method.

I'll try another workstation running Vista (instead of XP) to rule out any specific software preventing the submission.

edit: the exact message I get when clicking submit now is: "Submission to ESET has been activated".

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  5. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Do you have ThreatSense.Net® configured to submit suspicious files As Soon As Possible and Directly to ESET Servers?

6. Jeroen1000

Yes, suspicious files were set to be sent ASAP and directly to Eset servers. The file (which was now in the queue 3 times due to me trying to send it often) has finally cleared the queue now. However, I do not know whether the option to send anonymous statistically information had to be activated for this to work. On the workstation where the queue has now been cleared, the sending of anonymous information was enabled.

I still have another workstation with a queued file where the sending of this anonymous statistical information is disabled. Perhaps this is preventing the file to clear the queue. At any rate, the sending of files appears to go rather sluggish.

I'll try to update this thread as things develop.

7. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  8. Jeroen1000

Atm, I'm waiting for Eset to add detection. I executed the program and it wanted internet access (which I ofcourse denied). So it does seem malicious.
    How long does it generally take to add it? I believe it was around 2 weeks last time.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest that you submit the file per the instructions here. In 99%, people submit junk files (images, meaningless files, etc.). Emailing it to ESET will expedit the process and prevent the file from getting lost in the heap of junk files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.