Submit virus dont work ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by HDut, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDut

HDut Registered Member

Hi all, i have 2 files virus. I submit the files for I analyze 3 weeks behind. But I not receive reply in my e-mail :thumbd: . My Nod have the last update version 2.7.

I submit for samples@eset.com; sample@eset.com; samples@eset.com.br (Brazil), and not receive reply. In virustotal.com many antivirus detec this files as virus.

The files are these:
    ~snip~ removed live link ~ Blackspear

Pls, i cannot submit this files, can help me? :rolleyes:

In my opnion, the submit files for nod32 equal this F-Secure

Sry for my english. :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Thais one of the reason i stop using nod32, my licenses is still good for 7 More month but i don't care, good luck to you but dont get to much hope, reporting virus to eset is a wasting of time

4. Blackspear

It is not a waste of time, it would be for ESET to manually respond to every submission, they have more than enough submissions sent through Threatsense.

Hopefully in time an automated response will be forthcoming from ESET, to which they will request further information should need arise.

Cheers :D

5. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Right they don't have time for response and no time to add thus 2 files to sign update, great service

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Not that they don't have time , most likely is that if they reply you , you'll urge them to add the sample very fast . From a response you expect the sample to be added really fast , however their priority policy makes it unknown for the public when exactly will the sample be added

7. pain4gain

pain4gain Registered Member

Hundreds if not thousands of samples are submitted each day.

Are the samples being addressed? YES

Will their developers have time to respond to each individual who submitted a sample? NO, for 2-reasons.

#1 - The SAMPLE is all that's needed.

#2 - Think about how many people that will need to be hired for that type of support. I'm sure that will drive the cost of the software up and we may even lose free support.

Plus...it takes time to research a sample to verify if indeed it’s a false positive, or if the NOD32 virus database needs to be updated, or if it's a problem that the 3rd party vendor (who created that particular file/s) need to address.

:D

8. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

Well i just have to say that i think there policy is abysmal in my eyes that is not good :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

High risk or low risk Threat the goal/Aim is to add the threat to the Signatures and release it to the public as fast as possible

Come on eset i used to love your product so much but last few months i am doubting nod alot

I am not bashing eset/nod as i have a license till feb/08

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

#2 - How are other companies doing pretty much the same thing at lower or equal cost? NOD32 is priced at $39, which is about the same as the industry giants. PANDA is priced lower than NOD32, and they have more staff as well. There are more comments here, but it would go off-topic so I am not willing to say it.

Any sample analysis takes maximum 5 minutes (heck, if you are a script kiddie, you'd probably do it in 10 minutes as well :D). Problems only occur when there is a compatibility issue. FPs should always be fixed by the security vendor only.

10. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Thais not a excuse, I Send i sample to a 3 different company same day, and i get answer from all 3 before a week and they put the virus on update sing before a week, so how this company offer this support and eset no, maybe they are especial

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Like it or not, your beating a dead horse here. The Eset policy has been brought up time and again.

12. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Yes it s true... ESET virus submition don t work!!!
    I know there will be many answers thet it's not true, but... when I submit unknown virus to ESET i never receive answer and most important is that after moths this sample is still undetected by NOD32, while when I submit sample to AVIRA, in the same minute i automaticaly receive answer that sample is under unalaisys and after 1 or 2 days i receive complet answer about sample i submitted! after that my Antivir detects this virus after 2 maximum 3 days.
    So.. because of that I changed my AV -- NOD32 to ANTIVIR and now I am happy.
    Months ago NOD32 was my favorite AV, but today ....
    All NOD32 users I know says that ESET virus submition is very very bad and is this forum there is many thread of such titles: I submited virus but NOD32 still dont detect it! I can show it.

sorry for my bad english

13. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Thais exactly what i did to, and I'm very happy 2, we have to move on

14. the_sly_dog

Count me in Too, I switched to kaspersky about 1 month ago and haven`t looked back,

I sent a false postive to kaspersky and within 10 minutes got a reply saying next update will correct it

I sent a malware/spyware sample to the lab And within 2 hours i got reply saying it would be added in the next update!!!

Now to me that kind of support/Excellence deserves my money :thumb:

15. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I have only been with Nod for just over a month... but i already feel that i could do better with kaspersky...

with 11 months left on my nod32 subscription though, what should i do with it? :doubt:

16. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

like i say before i have 7 more months subscription and i still got a oder AVirus, can you get a refund or at least half of the money :)

17. the_sly_dog

Hello

I aint trying to turn you or anybody of eset/nod But i changed over the reasons i stated !!!!!

If you are happy with nod stay with it :thumb: :thumb: or trial a different antivirus for abit

I have used NOD for 1year 3 months renewed in febuary still have about 9 months left on subscription

The choice is yours

18. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Dont worry, you havent turned me off it at all! I just, like you, disagree with the signature updating system. Plus, after using nod for a month, i just dont feel safe with it any more.

Nod32 is a top class AV, im afraid its just not for me any more!

19. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Kaspersky and Antivir both have better detection than NOD32 because of good virus respons ability, both companys add new viruses to signatures as fast as possible..

20. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I wish I'd known that. :eek: You could have donated it to me. I just renewed NOD yesterday. ;)

21. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

One thing: Do not change your AV unnecessarily. If *you* have no problems using NOD32, then there is no reason why you should change. I've had less than excellent experiences with NOD, and I'm pessimistic, so I am not very polite in regards to NOD32. But there is no reason why you should feel the same.

If you do not feel safe, back NOD32 up with several on-demand scanners and run them frequently. *IF* and *when* NOD32 fails you, if Eset didn't support you well enough in such a case, thats when you should start looking at a new AV.

A bit of advice: As long as you don't go poking around sites in languages that you do not know, NOD32 will protect excellently. So, don't waste your money just yet. :)

@The Hammer: I hope this post wasn't so "silly ass". :D

22. Blackspear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.