Submit malware easily to over 50+ Security vendors

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by BrendanK., Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I was just browsing around the web and I came across this; http://www.uploadmalware.com/

It seems useful...Well certainly for me, and it will save me a lot of time submitting samples of malware individually. If anyone wants to give it a go, go for it. I guess it's similar to virustotal except it has proper analysts working on your sample. I am not advertising it...I just thought if anyone would like a detailed analysis on something that they suspect is malware, they should give this a go.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
  2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

WOT gave it a green rating. :)

3. guest

guest Guest

Are you sure?
    this site likes malware collector's sites.

I know, There are many sites like this site
    Because they want to pickup malware.

i am not sure, may be i am wrong.

4. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

5. guest

guest Guest

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

A WHOIS of both sites, atribune.org & uploadmalware.com, shows the same person and address. Many years ago, his VundoFix tool was the only one available (I know because my PC became infected and this tool took care of it) yet today, MBAM and SAS are keeping up with Vundo variants. He is sending the samples to a lot of well known Vendors so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.

7. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

a-ha. Well.. We should ask one of these vendors..
    Do you know one vendor that'd surely (& quickly) answer?

8. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

What's the problem here? It's a site run registered to Atribune, that should be enough.

9. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

I don't get it.. Should be enough to understand what? o_O I'm quite "new" here :p

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

My sentiments, exactly! :thumb:

11. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

12. Kayracc

Kayracc Registered Member

I am a member there, from back before i had my kid and had my VM setup, and ALOT more time than i do now

if i remember correctly the site is run by Dave, it's an easy way to not only send malware to the AV vendors, but also for security helpers to analyze files infecting users systems to know what there dealing with

one or two people from dslreports use them to check out files that they are unsure of(they just ask them to upload it there)

It is a very trustworthy site, it is not for 'malware collection' in the sense guest means it

Everything i know about VM's and malware analysis(which isn't alot :p) was learned by MANY of the people that use that website

many of the people that use/run that website also visit MDL(http://www.malwaredomainlist.com), and again, many of the people running/using that website taught me everything/alot of what i know aswell

all very trustworthy people, i guarentee it :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  13. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Considering I found it on Atribunes site; http://www.atribune.org/. I assumed it was safe. And it is. I had a chat to a few people who use it, and they say it was very helpful. Plus if there are a few vundo's that pass through it, Atribune should be allowed to keep them and use them for his fix.

Oh and thanks to the mods who moved this to the correct place. I wasn't quite sure where to put it :)

14. anthonyaykut

anthonyaykut Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.