Submission of suspicious files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SonDan, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonDan

SonDan Registered Member

This yellow bubble constantly come up in my winzp pro toolbar telling me

"Some of the suspicious files suitable for analysis have not been approved for sending. To open a confirmations window, click on this message."

I click on the message but nothing happens. Then I try to go to those files in quarentine ,but see no way to select them all to send other than having to write down the location an type it in a box to mail in. Is this what I am supposed to do or is there a much simpler solution that I am overlooking please?

Thanks

2. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

In quarantine, right-click on an entry and choose 'Submit for analysis'. If you want to submit more than one, highlight an entry by clicking on it, then either...

a) Ctrl + A to select everything in quarantine.

or

b) Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and then click on the entries you want to submit.

Once you have everything you want selected, right-click on one of them and choose 'Submit for analysis'.

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi SonDan!

Submission of files, which are detected like variant/probably variant isn't needs. You can only submit malware, which is detected by advanced heuristic - NewHeur_PE and undetected samples.

:thumb:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

After clicking on the bubble a list with files suitable for analysis should show up. Frankly, I can't think of a reason why nothing is shown up in your case. Do you have ThreatSense set up the way to ask before submitting files? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

5. SonDan

SonDan Registered Member

Ok I better try this again -

When I click on the bubble nothing shows up but I can get to the Quarantine file by going through the menus. But when I get there I cannot SELECT (using control A or any other method) to send the files in. By the same toke I cannot SELECT anyfile to delete either.

To get the bubble I mention to STOP POPPING UP AND DRIVING ME CRAZY shall I just delete the files in quarentine and if so how?

Part 2

Ok I came back to say I found out how to delete the files. I saw it in another post about something else. I right clicked on each of the files in quarantine and deleted them one by one and now I hope that that annoying yello warning balloon stops.

Thanks and Happy New year one and all.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  6. Marcos

The confirmation dialog has nothing to do with quarantine. If it shows up again, select all files if you want to submit them or deselect them and then click on Submit or OK (sorry, I don't remember what it's called)

7. SonDan

SonDan Registered Member

Well it's me again. I deleted all the quarantined files, but I am back where I started.. the #$%^&*()&^*()_ yellow bubble with the above quote message pops up about every 10 minutes and is driving me HELLA CRAZY. I hate to turn off NOD, but I think I will have to close the program down and go without protection if I can't make this thing stop popping up. :'(

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks again

8. SonDan

SonDan Registered Member

Er um I know what you are saying is correct. If you re-read everything it was just a try at something since no one answered my orginal question in which I said that I CANNOT send anything in response to the bubble question because I could not SELECT anything. I will just keep trying.

9. Marcos

It's strange that you could not select files in the bubble. I'd suggest that you uninstall EAV and install it from scratch. Also try disabling ThreatSense for a while to see if it helps.

10. THE_BAD_BOY

THE_BAD_BOY Registered Member

i do have some problem sending new samples to eset .. example when i try to send some file that its over 1 Mb i try sending by e-mail to samples@eset.com bot they NEVER added to the detection list i mean never because i send the same file to kaspersky and they reply back after 30 minutes confirming that wass a new variant etc bot i never geet eny response from eset they never add eny sample if i send 30 on one day they may add only 3 or 5 thats the only thing i really HATE from eset .. and if a try send files using treatsence only some files are send bot not all so i thing eset need to take more atention about this issue .. i have contacted them bot they just reply sayn .. send it to samples@eset.com and thats it ... bad .. :mad:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  11. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

I agree. Eset never response to Submission of suspicious files very very badly slow added to the detection list.

Not confirm email added to the detection list.

Will there be some problem in the management?

The Eset must walk guarding the viruses for her, the updating does not do corresponding sense to the number of samples that are sent, besides when we subject some archive for the Eset we are not warned if this one is or not a virus and it was put itself in the database.

The Trojan Bagle as it was said here in the forum is able to do so that the ekern.exe is finished and the Eset is not acting in the most correct way for with the users who order samples and have not any answer of turn.

Please do from knots a few innocent dogs that do not understand of anything and what we like implicating.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.