Study finds Internet Explorer to be malware blocking king

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm not finding the link right now, but I remember that in 2010 Zscaler conducted a little test, and Google's Safebrowsing was better than IE's SmartScreen. Of course, this was a 2010 test... we're near 2013. Things change.

I believe that Microsoft also gets data to SmartScreen from partners? Now that Google owns Virus Total, and that Virus Total also scans URLs (not just files), we may see some improvement in Safebrowsing... hopefully. Now, which one is better... I never conducted any tests... but, I can say that in my system they're both great. :D

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

SmartScreen comes from many partners, yes.

@guest,

Youtube videos have sample sizes that are tiny. Not really worth much. The other 2008 study doesn't compare smartscreen to Chrome/Firefox.

3. guest

guest Guest

So nothing doesn't proof something.

4. Amin

Amin Registered Member

to be honest , i don't like IE.. i just don't feel comfortable using it. but i do while using FF. and i guess people've got various desires. we should not push our opinions on each other:thumb:

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I couldn't agree more.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.