Strong, Effortless Security?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgoodman4, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Just got this from Gizmo Richards e-mail service and was wondering what you folks thought of it.

Thanks

2. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

They can't do anything with https connections (so they can't remove malware, viruses) and your traffic is not completely encrypted - only the stage between their server and yours.

Also, how much do you trust these guys and how secure are their systems ?

3. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I was just wondering,,,,my experience with Gizmos recommendations has been good so, while I would normally give this sort of thing/claim a pass I thought I would ask for opinions here.

Thanks for your comments, they are most appreciated.

4. Oh hey, I wanted to implement something like that for my LAN. I wonder if they'll sue me. ;)

More seriously though, why on Earth does it need a driver? For a service like this, shouldn't they just be able to set up a DNS that you can point your router at?

Anyway it's not "effortless security." A service like that can miss stuff, and it won't protect you from an infected USB stick, or a worm propagating around your LAN. There's no "effortless security," only more or less effortful security. Not saying the product is bad, mind, just that it's overhyped (like everything these days).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.