streamtuner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bamaman66, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I am trying to use linux and I am having problems with streamtuner. When I open it I am not getting any categories or anything to choose from. I have tried to do searches and nothing comes up.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Which Linux distro are you using? Usually when you install Streamtuner (in Ubuntu for example), it comes up and loads all the various categories and choices etc. All you need to add is Xmms or set up another player in the options to use with it.

3. bamaman66

I am using ubuntu 8.4 but there are no categories shown. Do you think I should remove it and reinstall it?

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Sure, it might be worth a try removing and reinstalling, make sure all goes well with no errors etc... If no luck, then I'm not sure what the issue is. I've used Streamtuner on many many distros, with never a problem.

6. bamaman66

I read the following on another forum

"I read that the shoutcast plugin accesses "http://www.shoutcast.com". Changing the URL in the sources to "http://classic.shoutcast.com/"
    works like a charm.

I would like to try this but I don't know how to change the URL in the sources. Does anyone know a simple way to explain to me how this is done?

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Though not 8.04, it's my guess someone could help you implement the sed line offered here. I'm not familiar enough.
    *I've downlded the necessary plugin's in order to satisfy my own inquisition with sed. Be back sometime later unless ....

PS - I'm not sure it's your problem but take a close look @ that last post by AbsoluteNewbie while you're on blp.

S

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.