Strange virus.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by therock003, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therock003

therock003 Registered Member

There's a freind that got a virus on his laptop and screen went blank at some point.Since then computer is responding late,mouse pointer moves laggy,and when he tried to install both esset smart security and nod32 antivirus at some point a fail dialogue popped and said something about access to the path directory of the installation was not found and cancels the setup.

After when computer logs on it keeps on with restarts indefinitely.

Also when inserted my usb flash drive into the usb slot i had a folder inside called "User Data" and double clicking got me into the laptops documents.

I searched around the net to find something but have so far come up with nothing.

What kind of virus is this and how can it be healed?

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi, i recommend to use special utility, which shows files and registry entries. With log we can remove it. You can visit some security forums, like Secit.

4. therock003

therock003 Registered Member

Guys as i said since the last occurence laptop keeps restarting after boot,should he try safe mode?

What kind of special utility would you recommend?

5. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Yes, he can try safe mode. There are loaded only necessary services and applications.

I meant:
    UPM - you can choose which parts of system you want to scan and checking of log is easier, or ESET SysInspector - log is very long and provides a lot of useful informations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.