Strange trouble of mine

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hannah, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannah

hannah Registered Member

Hey friends, I am facing an extraordinary scenario. While I open Mozilla Firefox for browsing, I got a message that "I hate Mozilla use IE or else "and it is not opened ,orkut is also not opening . I got this similar type message while opening orkut through IE. I ran AVG anti virus but it doesn’t detect any virus.Any immediate suggestion will be best for me.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There is a USB worm going around that is similar to what you wrote but it says Don't Hate Mozilla :doubt:

firefoxblock.jpg

3. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Here is a blog about this worm:

USB Worm

4. midway40

5. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

first get process explorer in that u will see 2 processes running as svchost.exe and (its icon will be green color rectangle in that letter "h" will be there). so terminate them. go to c drive, in address bar type c:/heap41a if your os is in c drive.delete all the contents in it. one thing to notice that u have to delete all the contents within 4 seconds of terminating those processes.
    and remove that startup item.
    to restore ur hidden file to work properly,
    go to regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\showall
    on left side there will be a checked value - 2 double click on it and make it 1.

6. midway40

After you cure your computer of this particular malady, I suggest you start practicing "safe USB" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.