Strange: SB cannot detect FireFox 0.9.3

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Nichiran, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nichiran

Nichiran Registered Member

Hello,

Though I read there can be trouble when your FireFox browser is not 0.9 or higher, mine is. Still, somehow on my computer FireFox 0.9.3 is not detected. It`s set to be the default browser, I have Explorer as well, and my system is Windows XP.

Any thoughts?

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Nichiran.

Couple of things to try.

1st. Make sure FF browser is closed.
    Open SWB, click on Disable all protection.
    Re-open FF Browser.
    Select: Tools>Options>Web Features then Permissions on Load Images. [screenshot]
    If any listed, highlight and Remove All.
    Close FF then run Spyware Blaster and Re-enable all protection again.

See if that works. If there are NO Images listed, still close FF, re-enable protection, and see if it works.

There are 2 primary reasons for FF 0.9 versions not enabling:
    1] You tried to enable with FF open.
    2] There are those images in the Permissions listings.

Note: I am using FF 0.10.1 and it's 'Exceptions' instead of Permissions as in screenshot. But same function.

HTH :)

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

• 042.GIF
      042.GIF
      File size:
      11.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Nichiran

Hmm, no worky.

Maybe I did something wrong, but this doesn`t seem to work. I don`t know what could be the problem...

Is there anything I might have overlooked/can try as well?

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Nichiran.

Sorry, none that I can think of. Those were the primary reasons I remember from reading threads with the problem which I also had the very first time I installed FF.

I myself closed FF, Disabled all Protection in SWB, re-enabled it again, and it took that time and no probs since.

Maybe you could try couple more things. [sometimes a reboot helps]

Make sure FF closed, disable protection in SWB, *reboot*, re-enable protection and see if it works.

Or.... DISable protection, UNinstall SWB, reboot, reinstall SWB, Enable all protection without FF open at all.

Best I can come up with. :doubt:

TAS.

5. Nichiran

Thanks anyway :)

I`ll try again, maybe I did something wrong.

6. KRH

KRH Registered Member

I have the same problem on my Windows ME system, but no trouble at all on two computers running Win98. I believe that I've isolated the problem for my computer, but can't find a solution. Whether it's due to the Gateway OEM installation of Windows or the fact that that computer has multiple profiles or what, I don't know, but my FF 1.10.1 Profiles folder is located in the path, "C:\windows\profiles\(my name\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles" instead of what's supposed to be the default location for Windows ME, "c:\windows\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles" (SpywareBlaster explicitly states that it can't find any user profiles for Mozilla\Firefox). I unstalled and removed all folders and files for Firefox and reinstalled, hoping that I could force it to put its Profile folder in the right place, but no luck. After installation, I tried manually moving the Mozilla folder to the desired location, but Firefox simply restored it to the original place (I didn't think that would work). If anybody has a solution to this problem, it would make me happy. i guess I'll also try posting the problem at the Firefox forums.

7. KRH

KRH Registered Member

False alarm. I got my Firefox profile set up in the desired location, but SpywareBlaster still can't find it. Since I do have one of those computers with the problem that SB 3.2 won't work on it, discussed in the following thread, and I've had to reinstall an earlier version, I wonder if there's a connection.

Wilders Security Forums - problem with 3.2 download
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=40967

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.